IGNORED

Alessandro Cortini - Sonno

Listening to the title track right now, "Sonno" and it sounds absolutely beautiful. I know this is a tired comparison... but it does remind me a little of SAW II. Not in a bad, ripped off sounding way, but in a VERY good way for sure. I hope the rest of the album is as good as this.

great ambient album, too bad Trent isn't this good anymore.

Since there's no CD I guess I'm just gonna wait for a digital copy of it.

It is really too bad NIN got so shitty. Interested in Trent's score work for Gone Girl though.

• 5 months later...

with only 9 bleeps (posts) on the watmm radar I thought I would put up the album which has recently been uploaded to youtube

I think it's very, very good indeed, you may agree....

• 9 months later...

I listen to this album all the time. It's one of my go to's for relaxation, and when I hit a wall and can't focus it always helps.

So peaceful and simple without trying too hard. The stripped down palette gives it a cohesion I enjoy in Donnacha Costello's recent buchla albums as well.

I am putting off listening to more of his work because I love this so much, but I think I will give in soon and buy his latest.

great ambient album, too bad Trent isn't this good anymore.

interesting you say this, and I'd mostly agree but I'm also a bit weirded out by how similar Alessandro sounds to Trent's own compositions. Did his stuff before being part of NIN sound so similar to reznor riffs? I think it's good, but at times a bit strangely similar

Archived