IGNORED

Turntable Advice

VIII

I am looking to upgrade my turntable, but I'm conflicted as to how I should be spending my money. I mean, technically instead of buying the hardware, I can be buying actual music.

Also, as far as collecting vinyl as a hobby - each new LP is usually going for $30 USD with shipping. If you think about this, buying digital makes the most sense in terms of frugality. It doesn't take up any physical space, it's much cheaper, no waiting for shipping, etc. . . I'm almost talking myself out of it already, but I love vinyl despite what I've said.

I'm interested in buying a Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, which is $400 USD - going to spend what I've earned on my bandcamp page to fund the purchase. I thought this would be a good topic despite it being another debate about music formats. TIA.

I am looking to upgrade my turntable, but I'm conflicted as to how I should be spending my money. I mean, technically instead of buying the hardware, I can be buying actual music.

Also, as far as collecting vinyl as a hobby - each new LP is usually going for $30 USD with shipping. If you think about this, buying digital makes the most sense in terms of frugality. It doesn't take up any physical space, it's much cheaper, no waiting for shipping, etc. . . I'm almost talking myself out of it already, but I love vinyl despite what I've said.

I'm interested in buying a Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, which is $400 USD - going to spend what I've earned on my bandcamp page to fund the purchase. I thought this would be a good topic despite it being another debate about music formats. TIA.

I just picked up the Pro-ject Xpression Carbon and it's been nothing but Lush

I'd buy the turntable personally, guess I'm old school and like to primarily buy my music as physical items where possible.

Not worth it, much less if you're getting such an expensive turntable. I'd pass.

Buying new vinyl is pointless anyway, except if the cd version is poorly mastered but my guess is you're not into Top40 pop so there's no point.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the advice, friends. My new TT is arriving tomorrow. Honestly, I'm still a bit conflicted, and if I don't like it in the long run there's always ebay. Bye.

Archived