IGNORED

Star Wars Episode VII *MAJOR SPOILERS*

Rubin Farr

That is pretty dope. Reminds me of that old PS1 game Wipeout XL for some reason. I think my Dad would even be into this.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is pretty dope. Reminds me of that old PS1 game Wipeout XL for some reason. I think my Dad would even be into this.

I posted it in the youtubes thread but couldn't get just a straight video link.

Also, thanks for the Alan Moore heads up, thankfully Devilworlds have been reprinted digitally by Marvel, so what is the deal with Marvel and Darkhorse Star Wars stuff, did they gain the rights to the back catalog with the Disney acquisition of Lucasfilm?

Also, thanks for the Alan Moore heads up, thankfully Devilworlds have been reprinted digitally by Marvel, so what is the deal with Marvel and Darkhorse Star Wars stuff, did they gain the rights to the back catalog with the Disney acquisition of Lucasfilm?

I had no idea, I got those Devilworlds comics (only had vol 2) when I dabbled in SW comics as a kid, my first foray into EU stuff: I had no idea who Alan Moore was back then (I was 10 or 11 at the time, actually got them in Japan at a USAF BX store)

IIRC that reissue was through Marvel UK magazine so perhaps that was how they did it. I have no idea what Marvel series/licencing deal was struck initially in the mid-80s with those. They were all one-off stories as well. 7 total. One is called "RUST NEVER SLEEPS" is funny enough a reference to the Neil Young tour I mentioned earlier which itself references SW.

Here's a straight video for it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heBTmPy9IVY

This might be what gets me interested in personal drones.

Guest bitroast

omg. now they just need to equip the drones with nerf shooters and oil slicks (... air equivalent of oil slicks?) and this will essentially be the coolest thing ever. definitely getting the wipeout vibes from this... diddy kong racing xD

Oh I'm all for competition, in the marketplace, but you know, soft spot for the little guys that originated the scene. Kind of depressing knowing that money will come in and take it over, but whatever.

this FPV drone stuff - must be fucking mad..

though apparently it's pretty lo-fi as of today, it's a single camera SD video feed, so no 3D and must look rather blurry through the goggles, but... this will certainly improve over the next years. must be rad with 2 HD GoPros & Oculus...

Random ska band realises that it's one of thousands and tries to stand out by making a star wars themed stardub.

So glad i don't work for gawker, /waits for my post to show up on io9 as a story by one of their lazy arsed 'writers'.

Archived