IGNORED

Unreleased Fenix Funk

amnesia

Early mix = unreleased version

https://soundcloud.com/noyzelab/aphextwin_fenixfunk_earlymix

Aphex Twin - Fenix Funk [early Mix] - unreleased version of the classic Analord track. From the forthcoming exclusive Aphex Twin interview with Dave Noyze at Noyzelab :

noyzelab.blogspot.com/2014/09/aphex-…y-mixdown.html

noyzelab.blogspot.com.au/2014/09/unre…arclays.html

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh fuck dude, Dave bringing the Noyze. now it begins

edit: omg beginning sounds like 6-9 on Syro. Super bare, semi revelatory of the process without all the reverbs and delay. fucking amazing (those drums 2:40-2:50)

edit2: https://twitter.com/noyzelab <--- pay attention to this guy's twitter account for the next 24-48 hours, I have a feeling this is going to be ridiculous

Is the funniest thing that he deliberately made the beginning noise more jarring on the final mix? It's funny to me that I always reach for the volume knob to adjust it slightly until after that part, and he did in fact make it this way on purpose.

Guest bitroast

wow interesting interesting interesting :) :) :)

it's a good listen but its also interesting to hear a track as awesome and polish as fenix funk in an early rendered mix like this.

also. interesting that all the analords got digital bonus tracks except analord 10

Could it be that the at the beginning voice thing, was made with the machine that guy made?

wow good pick up. it would definitely make sense given the context.

i wonder just how early this is on the fenix funk timeline?

whatever the case, it makes me realise how open-minded and self-critical aphex must be when evaluating his work pre-release.

figuring out how tracks can be improved upon instead of just accepting whatever he has at the time as the finished product

i have no trouble at all picturing most other artists being well chuffed with a track like this and deciding it was done with aside from some touchups here and there -- but it's apparent that aphex felt there was still a fair amount of work to be done

Cool :)

Has Richard ever released early tracks like this before? If not then my first thought this is a bit of promotion for some new similar sounding stuff.., Hmmm... Thanks for sharing anyway :)

One of my tracks of his, nice to hear this w.i.p version.

Also, what's w.i.p?

Has Richard ever released early tracks like this before? If not then my first thought this is a bit of promotion for some new similar sounding stuff.., Hmmm... Thanks for sharing anyway :)

Also, what's w.i.p?

work in progress

yeah he has done stuf like this before, he did a halibut acid orig mix. and SAW2 CD Trk1 orig mix

Also, what's w.i.p?

work in progress

yeah he has done stuf like this before, he did a halibut acid orig mix. and SAW2 CD Trk1 orig mix

Ah yes, thanks... And I mean give an interviewer an unreleased version, seems very un-Richard like...

Sry for the perpetuating speculation lol, it's just the first thing what sprung to mind..

Also, what's w.i.p?

work in progress

Ah yes, thanks... And I mean give an interviewer an unreleased version, seems very un-Richard like...

Sry for the perpetuating speculation lol, it's just the first thing what sprung to mind..

He played some unreleased tracks on John Peel's show which is kinda similar i spose. And they were epic original tracks, not diff mixes 8-)

Also, what's w.i.p?

work in progress

yeah it does generally speaking but once you realize that Dave Noyze and him are probably somewhat chummy it makes sense. Noyze released on Anthony's (ant from norman records) record label Cataclyst who also put out a few records by Peter Green, Peter Green released on Rephlex back in the day. I think Anthony also put on that 25th(?) anniversary and prob last big full roster Rephlex party that happened a few years back.

I mean its kind of cool in a way that Richard would do something this allegedly epic on Dave's blog instead of giving the really good shit to Pitchfork or Fact Mag or one of those corporate modelled places.

Archived