IGNORED

Unreleased Fenix Funk

amnesia

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it made a massive difference to me. It pulls the curtain back enough to be pretty fascinating. It sounds alot like (production wise) the tracks on Syro 6-9, which are intentionally very dry and all about the musicality as opposed to flashy effects or edits. Of all the Aphex Twin song variants that have come out (and there haven't been many) it's one of the only ones that sounds like it was an earlier/barer version than the one that ended up coming out.

This is awesome. Always happy to get a (even if only moderately or even minimally) different or alternate version of an amazing original track. And this is certainly one of the finest Aphex Twin tracks.

yep that's the video i was talking about :-)!

That live version of Fenix Funk is straight out the top drawer. Cached the dalek vocoder in my memory under all-time best Aphexian moments :w00t:

At 00:10 - is that Terminator in the crowd, looking for Sarah Connor?

i wonder what the context is. like. why release such a terrible version of fenix funk. the finished version is probably my favourite rdj recording, but this is just dry, uneq'd mess.

interesting to hear it, though. kinda makes you appreciate richard's mixing skills even more.

i wonder what the context is. like. why release such a terrible version of fenix funk. the finished version is probably my favourite rdj recording, but this is just dry, uneq'd mess.

interesting to hear it, though. kinda makes you appreciate richard's mixing skills even more.

maybe because he wants to talk about it like the interview said he is. :cerious:

maybe because he wants to talk about it like the interview said he is. :cerious:

interwiever: 'your music sounds just so cool richard'

rdj: 'its not always the case, listen to this early fenix funk mix that sounds just terrible'

rdj: 'its not always the case, listen to this early fenix funk mix that sounds just terrible'

Said no one ever. pwned.

+100, that must be the right context...

If that guy just converted the soundcloud low quality version into a wav or flac, then megalol. If not, how did this random person obtain it?

P.S. - don't forget that unreleased tracks like these also have copyright, so the same rules apply for sharing unreleased tracks on here.

If that guy just converted the soundcloud low quality version into a wav or flac, then megalol. If not, how did this random person obtain it?

P.S. - don't forget that unreleased tracks like these also have copyright, so the same rules apply for sharing unreleased tracks on here.

Yep he wud've done. And hes making ppl download a 100mb file that sounds no better than a 5mb file, well done :cisfor:

Archived