IGNORED

OS X Yosemite

Nebraska

I've been using it for 15 days now, and even if it's really cute etc. I think I made a huge mistake downloading Yosemite - my MacBook is running slower than before despite its 8Go of RAM, and I even experienced Finder's crashes. My games are also running slower (Dota 2 crashed several times as well) , and I can't use Illustrator anymore.

The notification center is neat tho, and maybe I don't see other good points because I don't have a modern iPhone which could handle the real improvements of Yosemite in terms of compatibility etc. :shrug:

TL;DR : waiting for an update.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a 13 inches mac book pro bought late 2013 - not the newest one but the one just before. And yeah I have a HDD.

Did the upgrade Nebraska talked about, I don't know if it's really better yet but I'll find out pretty soon !

I have a 13 inches mac book pro bought late 2013 - not the newest one but the one just before. And yeah I have a HDD.

Did the upgrade Nebraska talked about, I don't know if it's really better yet but I'll find out pretty soon !

auf! i have the 2011 model so i guess i could have even more problems than you with it but i heard/read that an SSD helps.

i'm sure gonna change to SSD before upgrade.

off the durries then ?

If I knew what that meant I'd answer....

Fuck it, gonna take the plunge, my MacBook Air is from earlier this year. Will report back with how much it fucks up.

auf! i have the 2011 model so i guess i could have even more problems than you with it but i heard/read that an SSD helps.

ooh, mine's from 2009 so I might hold off for a while. I was thinking of getting a mac mini next year so maybe I'll just keep Mavericks on my MBP and use Yosemite on the mini..

ooh, mine's from 2009 so I might hold off for a while. I was thinking of getting a mac mini next year so maybe I'll just keep Mavericks on my MBP and use Yosemite on the mini..

if you're on mavericks and everything's working fine then you have no big reasons to urge the upgrade, better wait to see what will other people say about their experiences. i'm still on snow leopard and hdd so... it's definitely time for me to upgrade both sw and hw. soon.

Guest skytree

I'd be down for switching if there are some performance boosts, which seem relatively negligible from reviews thus far. Anyone here had any experience/thoughts running Ableton 9 on Yosemite yet or noticed general performance improvements?

Archived