IGNORED

Can anyone spare a Google Inbox invite?

Alzado

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jesus fuck just set up some rules in thunderbird/outlook and do some actual work people.

LOL, you're telling this generation that?

I mean I haven't looked at this google inbox thing at all, but how well is it going to work for someone who gets 300+ emails a day?

It works surprisingly well (I get about 30+ a day), since when you mark things as 'done', they visibly leave your inbox, giving you a real sense of accomplishment.

By the way, today only, you can email Google for an Inbox invite!

Just email inbox@google.com from a Gmail email address, and they will send you an invite.

It works surprisingly well (I get about 30+ a day), since when you mark things as 'done', they visibly leave your inbox, giving you a real sense of accomplishment.

Just email inbox@google.com from a Gmail email address, and they will send you an invite.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot now!

"Thanks for requesting an invite. We’ll send you one as soon as possible.
Your friends at Gmail"

:unsure:

Thanks, I'll give it a shot now!

"Thanks for requesting an invite. We’ll send you one as soon as possible.
Your friends at Gmail"

:unsure:

It comes pretty quick, but I imagine they are deluged with requests right at the moment... trust me, worth the wait!

300+ and they can't just leave your inbox they need to be categorized and stored for future reference, also possibly saved on to disk.

I'll give it a shot.

• 1 month later...

ok im officially done with this shit, it's impossible to get used to it when you're a heavy regular email user. i found myself go "oh ffs you piece of shit how does it make sense" too much at it so emailing became too much of a chore with it. fuck i feel like some grandad cursing at ipod.

ok im officially done with this shit, it's impossible to get used to it when you're a heavy regular email user. i found myself go "oh ffs you piece of shit how does it make sense" too much at it so emailing became too much of a chore with it. fuck i feel like some grandad cursing at ipod.

Seriously?

How much easier can you get then clicking a compose button, and typing the address (which auto lookups no less) of the recipient?

yes, this whole thing is based on the assumption that people use email like a to do list, and it's ok when it doees coincide, but often it quite simply doesn't. it's still more comfortable to use gmail as a chronological list of convos and other messages and updates that you can easily get back to, "star" important things and unstar them when the are not important anymore.

Lol, exactly, I just got rid of it yesterday, just not compatible with my email use.

I just switched to the new Outlook (I know, I know) app for android and ios. Seems much more functional and intuitive.

It's a good first step on Microsoft's part - still not quite there to replace the default Mail app on iOS (if you are using it in a corporate environment) though.

• 6 months later...

Archived