3 hours ago, ambermonke said:

20211103_130836.thumb.jpg.d10db1341cdf3973d7d2b577af5b853a.jpg

this was a chop shop in portland. like 10 minutes from my house if that. near freeway on/off ramps. the sign there that says "delta park" is full of big box stores and is a huge park w/like 6 or 7 soccer fields and a few baseball fields and some open grass for all kinds of events. thee whole side of the park that borders the freeway was wall to wall homeless camps and RVs. they finally cleared it out last month. found like 17 stolen cars. when someone's car gets stolen they often drive around the various homeless camps looking for it to try and get to it before it gets totaled or chopped.  the city plays whack-a-mole w/the camps basically. there's a bunch of them around and it's easy to find chopped and abandoned cars on blocks and stuff. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, ignatius said:

this was a chop shop in portland. like 10 minutes from my house if that. near freeway on/off ramps. the sign there that says "delta park" is full of big box stores and is a huge park w/like 6 or 7 soccer fields and a few baseball fields and some open grass for all kinds of events. thee whole side of the park that borders the freeway was wall to wall homeless camps and RVs. they finally cleared it out last month. found like 17 stolen cars. when someone's car gets stolen they often drive around the various homeless camps looking for it to try and get to it before it gets totaled or chopped.  the city plays whack-a-mole w/the camps basically. there's a bunch of them around and it's easy to find chopped and abandoned cars on blocks and stuff. 

I remember seeing a whole sidewalk lined with tents in Portland back in late Sept 2015, when my brother and I attended AE_LIVE at Holocene. All I can remember is that it was near Couch St. and Eastside Lodge, where we stayed the night.

My own city has a similar issue, but the camps are mostly tucked in the woods these days. The homeless will sometimes camp out in old RVs along streets in the suburbs or in retail chain parking lots, but I've yet to see a chop shop like the one above.

Edited by ambermonke
  • Like 2