IGNORED

Alien 5

Soloman Tump

There are 3 Prometheus sequels coming, then presumably Neil Blomkamp's Alien 5 movie.

What?? That means Blomkamps film wont be out until at least 2021 Prom 2 will be 2017 Prom 3 and 4 2019/2020 Then wait for Neils to film and come out.

I have more interest in seeing what Blomkamp will do that Ridley

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Predator

Predator 2

Alien vs Predator

Alien vs Predator 2

Predators

Alien -4 > Prometheus

Alien -3 > Alien: Covenant (Prometheus 2)

Alien -2 > TBC Prometheus 3

Alien -1 > TBC Prometheus 4

Alien

Aliens

Alien 3 > May not exist in new timeline (travesty!)

Alien: Resurrection > May not exist in new timeline (no big loss tbh)

Alien 5

Ok updated (again)

Guest Morphy

After giving it some thought I don't really think the characters of prometheus were all that stupid. In their timeline they have androids, possibly have phased out house pets or animals in general. The mega corps likely have crime under control. It's maybe been decades since anyone has had to run for their lives. They have dream recording so they probably also have really good virtual reality that people spend a lot of time in. In the Prometheus special features there's a diary entry by Peter Weyland that links him with Tyrell corp which means that even by 2019 they had replaced snakes with android versions so it stands to reason that the scientist who approached the Hammerpede had never encountered a real live dangerous animal and given that its taking place in 2093, he might not even have seen pictures or heard stories about one.

Predator

Predator 2

Alien vs Predator

Alien vs Predator 2

Predators

Alien -4 > Prometheus

Alien -3 > Alien: Covenant (Prometheus 2)

Alien -2 > TBC Prometheus 3

Alien -1 > TBC Prometheus 4

Alien

Aliens

Alien 3 > May not exist in new timeline (travesty!)

Alien: Resurrection > May not exist in new timeline (no big loss tbh)

Alien 5

Ok updated (again)

Blade runner is the same universe so throw that in there, and the sequel is in the process

Hi Damon!

Edit:@Morphy

Blade Runner and Alien are in the same universe?! Since when?

I HATE EVERYTHING AND IT SHOULD DIE

This is pretty extensive, and includes all video games, comics and books.

http://alienanthology.wikia.com/wiki/Alien_Universe_Timeline

There are a new series of canon audio books licensed by Fox as well, a recent one revealing Ripley was awakened between Alien 1 and Aliens, and a had an adventure.

4E2775B8-FFD7-46EB-B0C7-C471E2E1224D_zps

https://www.amazon.com/Alien-Shadows-Audible-Original-Drama/dp/B01D07TQJA

Hi Damon!

Since recently. Ridley just decided to go "yeah it is"

Hi Damon!

Since recently. Ridley just decided to go "yeah it is"

"...and it's brilliant."

• 2 weeks later...

Oh fuck off with Alien already, The franchise done been ruined beyond salvage at this point. Game over man.

Oh fuck off with Alien already, The franchise done been ruined beyond salvage at this point. Game over man.

The same can be said for Marvel/DC superhero flicks.

The same can be said for Marvel/DC superhero flicks.

Take it all away agreed.

Alien Isolation was kind of cool now that I think about it, other than that I agree.

the only way to save this franchise is to cross pollinate it with its polar opposite. in the rebooted big chill, when all the millenials are dancing around the dinner table vaping listening to mgmt - time to pretend, miles teller begins to cough. lena dunham asks him what's wrong. michael b jordan tries to give him some water. teller pushes them away and falls into the table, convulsing violently. his chest bursts open and the alien appears, spraying blood all over dakota fanning. kristen stewart observes the situation from a distance, unreadable, vacant.

the only way to save this franchise is to cross pollinate it with its polar opposite. in the rebooted big chill, when all the millenials are dancing around the dinner table vaping listening to mgmt - time to pretend, miles teller begins to cough. lena dunham asks him what's wrong. michael b jordan tries to give him some water. teller pushes them away and falls into the table, convulsing violently. his chest bursts open and the alien appears, spraying blood all over dakota fanning. kristen stewart observes the situation from a distance, unreadable, vacant.

lol

Imagine how cool it would be if there had only been ONE Alien movie.

Not possible.

Hollywood would have done a reboot and cast Scarlett Johanson or Charlize Theron as Ripley.

The Alien would also be CGI and have a laser beam attached its fricken head.

Am I the only one who dug Resurrection? It was french craziness from start to finish, but it really got the aliens right visually... Apart from the swimming.

Am I the only one who dug Resurrection? It was french craziness from start to finish, but it really got the aliens right visually... Apart from the swimming.

I quite like it too, its better than Prometheus for sure.

Nah, in that one didn't the aliens randomly have liquid pouring off them like they'd just stepped out the shower? Looked weird and shit.

yeah every other year or so I think hmm, was Resurrection really that bad? It's quirky and fun, right? Then I watch it and nope.

It's really bad.

I totally understand the offense some people take with the tonal departure of Resurrection, but still believe there are a lot of underrated aspects about it. If you can stomach the comic book-like approach, it's pretty fascinating that something like this left the drawing board. The design, the visual effects, environmental design, lighting, soundtrack are all pretty fantastic, possibly the most accomplished rendition of the Alien universe if you don't want to romanticize the retro look of the first film. All of the actors are wildly entertaining in their hammy glory - casting Dominique Pinon against type like that is baffling and Perlman is pretty great as Perlman in space. I think it's possibly the only film that acknowledges the psychosexual nature of the Xenomorph in a way that coincides with HR Gigers original vision, whether one likes it or not, and contributes to the horrific aspect. I think if you look beyond all that was lost in translation for a French auteur attempting a blockbuster shot-for-shot, and disregard the lower points (swim sequence, bullet-dodging aliens and whatnot), it's easy to enjoy the fever-dreamy, artistic space the film attempts to inhabit. No attention is paid to the space and silence of earlier films, but I'm not sure that would have contributed that much more to the series. It hit its peak a long time ago and one should make peace with that, especially when we're facing yet another redundant sequel. Scott set the bar recently when he showed zero respect to the power of mystery with regard to the once so iconic and mesmerizing space jockeys, so I'm pretty convinced of what to expect.

it's just a dry run for firefly with a hokey french comic book style and ripley playing bball. you can't rationalize away its failure. also what do you mean by this:

I think it's possibly the only film that acknowledges the psychosexual nature of the Xenomorph in a way that coincides with HR Gigers original vision, whether one likes it or not, and contributes to the horrific aspect

this is literally what the first alien does.

Archived