IGNORED

Alien 5

Soloman Tump

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Atom Dowry Firth

what? the humans are controlling the xenos? that's about as dumb a concept as pet raptors in the new Jurassic turd.

The Pokemon generation are going to love it

Alien 5 - The Oculus Rift

Bet its in 3D as well :D

and managed to figure out how to tame this terrifying, supremely-evolved killing machine that has terrorised humans since Alien was first thought up. it fucks with the whole philosophy of the series.

Looks like more concept art from Blomkamp11393407_844484732311443_527990908376446

Mind-controlled Xenomorphs. Aliens mind-controlling humans has been an idea for some time, but now it seems to be the other way around. Well, I guess humans are technically the aliens if the Xenomorphs are the native inhabitants, but whatev.

Out of this image i just can't figure out in a harsh acidic, hostile, rough terrain environment why is she wearing plimsoles? This does not bear good promise for the new film.....

but yeah the mind controlled xenomorphs at first being an awesome idea does somewhat take the magic away of them being 110% sinister & otherworldly but alien 4 kinda of fucked that up anyhow... but i read in a interview with the director that ridley scott told him to scrap an idea already so perhaps its this, although i can kind of see a jurassic park train of thought behind it, loosing control over them could get very messy indeed, & i can't see it happening to a high number of xenomorphs just a handful..... I'm simply saying that life, uh... finds a way

fAmmcK5.jpg

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

If the point of using the aliens as a weapon was always to try and control them and turn them into robots... if you already know how to make robots, why not just give the robots you know how to make some guns? Or really big teeth and claws? Or both? Why do you need to take a fucking terrifying doomsday weapon like the aliens are (according to Prometheus anyway) and make it tame in order to use it as a weapon? It already is a weapon, you can just chuck a load of eggs on your enemy as a last resort (or more likely just not use the weapon and just have eggs on standby as a deterrent like we currently do with nukes?)

Edit: In b4 someone says "that's called storytelling, not everything that happens in stories has to make any kind of sense"

this just reinforces my "there are no alien films, it's just the alien film" world view

Yeah

yeah i used to like them but really, fuck aliens and fuck alien3. actually alien3 is probably better than aliens but fuck it anyway. actually fuck all of them. stupid fucking aliens.

Guest bitroast

even the aliens be like 'fuck this dumb movie' and are off playing Alien: isoation Prequel DLC on the occulus rift.

I'm lost now. Xenomorphs trippin' balls innit. VR style.

Anyway, no confirmation whether the mind control thing will be in the final movie. I'm guessing every time conceptual art goes on paper it's the shotgun approach, whether film or video game. Some ideas get scrapped from the final product, others make it in.

I have to say though, as dumb as that concept is, the style and aesthetic and mood in that art piece is spot on. maybe it's time for an animated Alien feature.

Yeah I agree on the artistic style. Might make more sense for Weyland-Yutani to use autonomous robots as both scouts and bodyguards. Besides, if the mind control devices either wander beyond signal range or simply run out of batteries, the affected Xenomorphs might be like "WTF where am I, and WTF is this thing on my head". The rest is easy enough to figure out I think.

"WTF where am I, and WTF is this thing on my head". The rest is easy enough to figure out I think.

this just reminded me of my cat really

"WTF where am I, and WTF is this thing on my head". The rest is easy enough to figure out I think.

this just reminded me of my cat really

with extra pooping.

Archived