IGNORED

Alien 5

Soloman Tump

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that the one they call the assembly cut? It is better, but I still find it boring as hell. I just can't get into the whole industrial prison religion thing.

Alien 3 Director's Cut though... that's one of the few times where the director's cut is actually better.

''40 miles of bad road''

I love Alien 3. Both versions. I see its flaws, but I think most people are just whiny cunts about why they don't like it, Newt/Hicks dying...it's a series of films about a fucking species of nasty fucking alien monsters. People gonna fucking die. If Cameron hadn't been such a pussy he'd have killed at least one of them at the end of Aliens. Fight me bros. :rhubear2::rhubear1:

You know this film came out not long after a little artsy indie film called Terminator 2 where Arnie lowers himself into some smelt to be molten at the very end, sacrificing himself for mankind. It kind of stole the thunder from the very same ending in this film. At least Ripley's not doing a thumbs up as she burns.

It might not seem like such a big deal, but if you're psyched to see two big scifi films at the cinema for the first time in years and they both have the same ending, well.. it's not very fulfilling. These days all the Marvel movies have the same ending though, and nobody seems to care. Fuck I'm old.

I love Alien 3. Both versions. I see its flaws, but I think most people are just whiny cunts about why they don't like it, Newt/Hicks dying...it's a series of films about a fucking species of nasty fucking alien monsters. People gonna fucking die. If Cameron hadn't been such a pussy he'd have killed at least one of them at the end of Aliens. Fight me bros. :rhubear2::rhubear1:

totally with you bro. i also didn't rate Moon.

you and me man, we tight.

Didn't they just kill off Hicks because Michael Biehn passed on the movie though? Those deaths are the least objectionable things about that nonexistent film though.

Edit - nevermind he was in the William Gibson script and killed off in a later draft.

I also hated the bloody alien itself in "alien cubed". sure the idea that it takes on the characteristics of its host is kinda cool, but then you got this spindly wirey thing that was just annoying. Camerons one swere fucking amazing - chunky, muscly yet spidery. the one that jumped into he lift with Hicks and Ripley was really fucking cool

Guest bitroast

Alien 3 Director's Cut though... that's one of the few times where the director's cut is actually better.

''40 miles of bad road''

ugh i couldn't stand alien 3 directors cut. boring boring boring boring boring (imo).

''40 miles of bad road''

ugh i couldn't stand alien 3 directors cut. boring boring boring boring boring (imo).

IMO, your opinion is wrong.

(imo)

''40 miles of bad road''

IMO, your opinion is wrong.

(imo)

IMO, your opinion about his opinion is wrong.

(imo)

I also hated the bloody alien itself in "alien cubed". sure the idea that it takes on the characteristics of its host is kinda cool, but then you got this spindly wirey thing that was just annoying. Camerons one swere fucking amazing - chunky, muscly yet spidery. the one that jumped into he lift with Hicks and Ripley was really fucking cool

They were stupid fucking gun fodder drones in Aliens. The only intelligence came from Queen, and the only fear induced was from good directing/acting in a couple of scenes, not from the actual character and intelligence and alien-ness of the alien itself, as I'd argue was the case in Alien and Alien 3 (with some interesting takes on intelligence and emotion in the shitstorm that is Resurrection).

tbh I lost track of which alien movies are gonna cum out.

there are multiple, like 4 more? why is it alien 5? was prometheus alien 4?

Prometheus is Alien -3, supposedly there are two more Prometheus movies incoming.

And when that shitfest is sorted maybe there'll be a bunch of Alien films, but Ridley is stalling, he wants it all for himself.

Alien -3 > Prometheus

Alien -2 > Alien: Covenant

Alien -1 > TBC

Alien

Aliens

Alien 3 > May not exist in new timeline (travesty!)

Alien: Resurrection > May not exist in new timeline (no big loss tbh)

Alien 5

Somewhere between Alien -1 and Alien you could fit the Predator movies, plus the Alien vs. Predator ones.

Archived