IGNORED

I made a petition to have Selected Ambient Works, Vol. II reissued

drillkicker

I don't know how many here are aware, but Warp reissued the RDJ album and ICBYD after 1972 made some pretty bad reissues from the CD masters. Warp missed SAW II, though, and I think this is criminal. I was not alone in expecting that they would reissue it a bit later, but three years have passed and that still hasn't happened. So, here is a petition some of us Girl/Boys have signed in the hope that it might speed it up. The description there pretty much explains the whole situation for those of you who haven't heard of it. Sign it if you wish, it could help a lot. Every supporting signature counts.

I doubt Warp will do anything with it but it does at least give a signal. I already have SAWII on every format but it definitely warrants a proper reissue, especially with that 1972 fuckup. The ones I'd like to see reissued most by Warp are The Other People Place and Surfing On Sine Waves though.

There's also a petition for The Other People Place too btw:

http://www.residentadvisor.net/feed-item.aspx?id=86763

https://www.change.org/p/warp-records-please-repress-lifestyles-of-the-laptop-caf%C3%A9-on-vinyl

I doubt Warp will do anything with it but it does at least give a signal. I already have SAWII on every format but it definitely warrants a proper reissue, especially with that 1972 fuckup. The ones I'd like to see reissued most by Warp are The Other People Place and Surfing On Sine Waves though.

https://www.change.org/p/warp-records-please-repress-lifestyles-of-the-laptop-caf%C3%A9-on-vinyl

Wow, that one's doing much better than mine. It's making me feel inadequate. Can anyone point me to a place I can share this where it will get a lot more recognition?

Wow, that one's doing much better than mine. It's making me feel inadequate. Can anyone point me to a place I can share this where it will get a lot more recognition?

maybe facebook groups? Aphex/warp/watmm groups?

maybe facebook groups? Aphex/warp/watmm groups?

I've already posted it on the WATMM Facebook group, as well as an IDM one and the Aphex Twin subreddit. Someone else posted it on the IDM subreddit as well. I unfortunately am not familiar with that many web sites that specialize in this kind of music.

drillkicker - is that a vertical turntable in your avatar? I saw a Mitsubishi one once in person years ago, they're quite neat to watch in action

drillkicker - is that a vertical turntable in your avatar? I saw a Mitsubishi one once in person years ago, they're quite neat to watch in action

This is that Mitsubishi one. It's the turntable from the cover art for In Pine Effect, so I thought it would be a relavant avatar for this web site.

Might be worth contacting a bunch of publications about this to rack up some more signatures.

I know that a SAW2 re-issue seems like a no brainer, but if Warp think only 100 people are interested, it may put 'em off.

EDIT: Oh, and sort out a Drukqs re-ish petish. Def needs one of dems! ;)

You can make a drukQs petition if you want to. I'm not into that album very much so it isn't worth it to me.

Do you know any publications that would actually post this petition anywhere?

I worked a fair bit of overtime and saved up for an original copy (black vinyl with Stone in Focus). So much so, I treasure those three peices of vinyl. Kind of feel connected to them because I sweated for 'em. Feels good.

'cause they are kind of iconic to me, I was prepared to toil for them. When I pull the sleeve from the rack I get goosebumps. And I don't get nostaligic for vinyl 99% any othertime.

beerwolf, that's exactly how I feel about my copy of Lunatic Harness. Obviously I want this album to be reissued, though, because it isn't fair to music this good that it's so difficult to acquire a copy that has the full album on it, especially one with decent audio quality.

Don't see an actual petetion but...SIGNED. Have no idea what's keeping Warp from reissuing this timeless classic.

I don't know how many here are aware, but Warp reissued the RDJ album and ICBYD after 1972 made some pretty bad reissues from the CD masters. Warp missed SAW II, though, and I think this is criminal. I was not alone in expecting that they would reissue it a bit later, but three years have passed and that still hasn't happened. So, here is a petition some of us Girl/Boys have signed in the hope that it might speed it up. The description there pretty much explains the whole situation for those of you who haven't heard of it. Sign it if you wish, it could help a lot. Every supporting signature counts.

cleek de leenk

Archived