IGNORED

what does your username mean?

pcock

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I needed an artist name, couldn't come up with anything decent [it used to be Proddukd, but I grew tired of that name], so I searched for something weird that didn't mean anything. Then I thought of the disease I have [Cystic Fibrosis] and its mutation and code [?]. I found the code which started with 3849 and then some other shit that didn't look cool, so I wanted to do something with 3849, but everything looked dumb or not good enough. 3849 was the root for everything, but nothing I came up with was cool enough for an artist name and 3849 seemed cooler every day, so in the end I used that as my artist name.

Guest Aserinsky

Mine is named after the scientist Eugene Aserinsky, who was the first to discover the stage of REM sleep.

>Mine is named after the scientist Eugene Aserinsky, who was the first to discover the stage of REM sleep.

Along with Dement & Kleitman yeah?

Indeed. Anybody interested should read this, it's certainly my favourite written account on Aserinsky et al.

1. yikes 333 up, 49 down

a term used to show shock or extreme surprise.
Yikes! That sure scared me!
2. yikes 158 up, 83 down
used instead of shit or in a manner that denotes a slight disgust.
1."i almost got fired today.."

"yikes"

2.(girl walkes by with really tight, ugly pants)

"yikes"

by jilldo Dec 28, 2003 share this add a video
3. yikes 114 up, 53 down
something you shout when you overhear something drastic
girlfriend: honey do you know whens my birthday? boyfriend: i forgot random guy: yikes!
4. Yikes 17 up, 17 down
An exclamatory phrase used in response to a friend's minor medical calamity.
Margaux: Don't eat the spinach! There's a salmonella recall!

Michelle: (chomping away)...huh?

Margaux: Yikes...

Raj: I got a mosquito bite on the hump of my nose! It looked like it came straight out of an antisemitic drawing!

Jenny: Yikes!

Guest RandySicko

Back when I used to work as a security officer, one of my coworkers had an unhealthy obsession with with this album and Macho Man in general-

4145YX7GQ9L_zps00ed4df7.jpg

Ed was a balding middle aged guy who drank on the job, enjoyed 'professional' wrestling and smoking weed on break before riding the electric wheelchair around our facility in the early morning hours. The only other things I remember about him was that he drove a green grand prix and gave off some creepy homosexual vibes now and then ...but seemed to be an overall nice chap who had his fair amount of problems. ..But I digress

After a couple songs in on my first listen of the album, I was hooked. This coincided with a time period in which I wanted to retire an older moniker I was using wherever digitally possible. I have no idea why I replaced savage with sicko because I'm not really a 'sicko' and my name is actually Mike. Maybe Ed was the subconscious inspiration for that change... who knows. I've been wanting to replace this username for a while now but I use it in a lot of locations and I am a very sentimental person.

Back when I used to work as a security officer, one of my coworkers had an unhealthy obsession with with this album and Macho Man in general-

4145YX7GQ9L_zps00ed4df7.jpg

Ed was a balding middle aged guy who drank on the job, enjoyed 'professional' wrestling and smoking weed on break before riding the electric wheelchair around our facility in the early morning hours. The only other things I remember about him was that he drove a green grand prix and gave off some creepy homosexual vibes now and then ...but seemed to be an overall nice chap who had his fair amount of problems. ..But I digress

After a couple songs in on my first listen of the album, I was hooked. This coincided with a time period in which I wanted to retire an older moniker I was using wherever digitally possible. I have no idea why I replaced savage with sicko because I'm not really a 'sicko' and my name is actually Mike. Maybe Ed was the subconscious inspiration for that change... who knows. I've been wanting to replace this username for a while now but I use it in a lot of locations and I am a very sentimental person.

excellent post

and yeah that album is hilarious and strangely catchy. I was making chopped and screwed versions of tracks from it just last week.

Archived