IGNORED

what does your username mean?

pcock

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mcb which is short for mancubus (which was our band name before some other band kicked up a fuss so was reduced to just cubus), and pete - well that part is probably obvious !

Friendly, shortened nickname based upon supposed, and likely fabricated, Templar "deity" Baphomet. The lowercase b is important because I am not actually Baphomet, nor am I trying to invoke Baphomet.

I used "baphomet" as a username over a decade ago on a few other sites. This was before bullshit like the Da Vinci Code got popular. I was using the name because I liked Eliphas Levi's conception of Baphomet as a representation of the absolute and a union of opposites. I was also reading a lot of William Blake around 2001-2002 and I was probably really fucking annoying to be around. Once I lightened the fuck up people started calling me baph.

I then proceeded to lurk around watmm for a few years until the announcement of Quaristice (or maybe it was an attempt to access the Ae live show torrents) made me want to register and start actively annoying watmm. Before I could think up a decent username, I'd fallen back on habit and entered "baph." I really should have thought it through.

Guest Frankie5fingers

i forget how we got to it but my dad and i were talking about how silly mobster names sometimes were, eventually we came to Frankie Five Fingers.

my demoscene name back in the 90s / early 00s was "datachild" (lol), but everyone refered to me as data, so i've used it since.

[youtubehd]mH2lx6XbkN4[/youtubehd]

heh!

Guest Aserinsky

Friendly, shortened nickname based upon supposed, and likely fabricated, Templar "deity" Baphomet. The lowercase b is important because I am not actually Baphomet, nor am I trying to invoke Baphomet.

I used "baphomet" as a username over a decade ago on a few other sites. This was before bullshit like the Da Vinci Code got popular. I was using the name because I liked Eliphas Levi's conception of Baphomet as a representation of the absolute and a union of opposites. I was also reading a lot of William Blake around 2001-2002 and I was probably really fucking annoying to be around. Once I lightened the fuck up people started calling me baph.

I then proceeded to lurk around watmm for a few years until the announcement of Quaristice (or maybe it was an attempt to access the Ae live show torrents) made me want to register and start actively annoying watmm. Before I could think up a decent username, I'd fallen back on habit and entered "baph." I really should have thought it through.

My username in a few other places (eg last.fm, psn, and the soundcloud account I never use) is iteritinerant, which is from Finnegans Wake (the passage is my sig). Which I guess is even more pretentious. Fuck.

Insightful! I just thought your username was a phonetic spelling of how Northern English / Scottish people pronounce "bath".

Archived