IGNORED

airglim

lyst

summer night vibes, with a pinch of tropical star dust, i guess the beats sound a bit flat i dunno but all the background athmosphere is great, it all mixes so well!!! maybe some faster hi-hats, give it a try, and add some phasing or flanger to them, maybe it's too cliché i dunno maybe you wanna give it a try...

ok sounds flat and needs faster high hats lol. what you want me to make trap or something?

just kidding, thanks for the words and i appreciate your feedback.

Where the track winds down in the middle I don't think it needs to stretch out that long, could do with being a bar shorter or so but it may not have the desired effect. I'd like the vocal bits brought out more in the mix in the second half and also towards the end where it winds down I think it'd work better if the vocals were left as the more prominent element when it fades off. Overall real nice. Chill.

Where the track winds down in the middle I don't think it needs to stretch out that long, could do with being a bar shorter or so but it may not have the desired effect. I'd like the vocal bits brought out more in the mix in the second half and also towards the end where it winds down I think it'd work better if the vocals were left as the more prominent element when it fades off. Overall real nice. Chill.

I can see that definitely with the break in the middle. Guess I was going for the listener to really get brought down a lot for the big part that comes next, kind of like an emotional roller coaster. I used to make songs flow together the entire track, not many breaks and one long groove, but now i've been trying to find an interesting balance of stops and wind downs and bring ups (I refuse to say drops, lol... fuck EDM).

I somewhat agree with the vocals statement. could get a little db boost.

i appreciate the feedback though, these are little easily fixable things. when you are mastering with 2 pairs of headphones and THATS ALL, you miss some of this shit.

thanks, and glad you enjoyed.

Really like the pallete of sounds you've used to make the central groove.

I would echo what was said about the low energy bit in the middle. You could keep that change in energy but still leave on or two elements to remind listeners that the tune isn't finishing. Or not, I mean it's an artistic decision.

I think the drums stand out as being very dry because the rest of your instrumentation is soaked on that lovely reverb. The acoustic snare is particularly noticeable. You could play around with some tape delay or spring reverb maybe?

Really like the pallete of sounds you've used to make the central groove.

I would echo what was said about the low energy bit in the middle. You could keep that change in energy but still leave on or two elements to remind listeners that the tune isn't finishing. Or not, I mean it's an artistic decision.

I think the drums stand out as being very dry because the rest of your instrumentation is soaked on that lovely reverb. The acoustic snare is particularly noticeable. You could play around with some tape delay or spring reverb maybe?

see what are saying. -- i personally like the emptiness before the song begins again though.

as far as the drums go yea tape delay could sound cool. i'm definitely a bit more of a melody person than a drum person, but i'm working on it!

thanks for listening and the feedback.

Guest brendyman

My only real gripe about this is (like the others have said) the drums. Maybe even try adding a little bit of a bitcrusher to the snare? I'm not sure, but they're way too flat/clean. They need to have a little bit of sizzle or crunch to them, I think.

My only real gripe about this is (like the others have said) the drums. Maybe even try adding a little bit of a bitcrusher to the snare? I'm not sure, but they're way too flat/clean. They need to have a little bit of sizzle or crunch to them, I think.

i am glad that you only have 1 gripe and not more.

:fail:

Nicely executed mood/idea; love the tone and feeling elicited. However, I wasn't too keen on the drop out midway through. I think it just could be done better for a better effect on the listener.

Nicely executed mood/idea; love the tone and feeling elicited. However, I wasn't too keen on the drop out midway through. I think it just could be done better for a better effect on the listener.

thanks! can't please em all :T

Archived