IGNORED

LIBRARY OF BABEL

YangYing

www.libraryofbabel.info

every possibility of character mashups for 410 pages.

i.e every single possibility of writing that is 410 pages or less

this means that there is a book here saying every single date that boc will release a new album

a book that talks only about watmm

a book with the word penis over 410 pages

lush imo

edit: page is dead atm because of traffic, it just became viral apparently

Most IDM 2015? My head hurts thinking about this.

There is a 410 page book on the internet with this post as it's entire content repeated until the end.

"Or with a 3rd person narrative running through it" he said clumsily, attempting to articulate himself.

can someone explain this to me? Im an didiot.

It comes from a short story by Jorge Luis Borges, a great Argentinian writer of fiction. In the story the library houses every permutation of 22 letters, a space, a period and a comma and inserts them in 410 page volumes, places on shelves arranged in hexagonal galleries which lead to more hexagonal galleries ad infinitum. Many people are concerned with finding meaning in volumes, but pretty much everything everyone finds is something like dchrmlcmdlf for 410 pages. People search to the point of death/suicide. It's worth reading as it's very short.

can someone explain this to me? Im an didiot.

It comes from a short story by Jorge Luis Borges, a great Argentinian writer of fiction. In the story the library houses every permutation of 22 letters, a space, a period and a comma and inserts them in 410 page volumes, places on shelves arranged in hexagonal galleries which lead to more hexagonal galleries ad infinitum. Many people are concerned with finding meaning in volumes, but pretty much everything everyone finds is something like dchrmlcmdlf for 410 pages. People search to the point of death/suicide. It's worth reading as it's very short.

thanks dog. gonna read it.

starts at 17:10

edit:

how recursive.

Is it only in English?

no, every sentence in every language writeable with the english characters must be there no?

that is less than 410 pages long that is

starts at 17:10

edit:

how recursive.

Is it only in English?

no, every sentence in every language writeable with the english characters must be there no?

that is less than 410 pages long that is

I would assume not, if it's based on that Borges idea of 22 characters. Accented characters are different from non-accented characters, languages like German use a similar alphabet, but with their own unique characters, etc etc...

If only we could check....

I can't get on the website at all. Tried a few times today. That video above is cool as fuck, thanks for linking it.

yeah, you're not the only one I suppose

Most IDM 2015? My head hurts thinking about this.

2016, definetly

edit:

I would assume not, if it's based on that Borges idea of 22 characters. Accented characters are different from non-accented characters, languages like German use a similar alphabet, but with their own unique characters, etc etc...

If only we could check....

The library contains only lower-case letters, space, comma, and period.

wouldn't let me edit, website is working for me now:

nBi5qc8.png

edit: for this search

~29^927 possible matches with random characters

I can't wrap my head around this

i really enjoyed that video MIXL2, tnx

I can't get on the website at all. Tried a few times today. That video above is cool as fuck, thanks for linking it.

most of vsauce's stuff is excellent, particularly the last three videos imo.

everyone could sue this guy no? I mean everything that has or could be written is in there

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I had this same thought. And could these guys sue everyone from this point on? They must have all future works in there too!

Imagine this same concept with three and a half minute WAV files where there was every combination of 1s and 0s in that finite space.

All you unaccomplished writers out there, worry not, your masterpiece has already been written.

Imagine this same concept with three and a half minute WAV files where there was every combination of 1s and 0s in that finite space.

yespls.

he already did it with pictures, the "pictures gallery" link is apparently the same thing, but with pixels on a grid

Archived