IGNORED

Pselodux - nanodisco

modey

https://pselodux.bandcamp.com/album/nanodisco

a3955498386_16.jpg

Hope it's ok to post my new album in this forum. I composed this in nanoloop over the last 6 months, and road tested it at a few gigs in Japan before recording it live in one take with minimal edits. As a result, it's pretty raw but is a good representation of my live sets.

1. hikari star 07:04
2. versalife 06:05
3. nanosilo 03:01
4. okimata 11:14
5. goth city 08:39
6. replicator 08:47
7. nanodisco 04:51
8. quark rapid 03:46
9. electret ocean 06:14

Yeah, this is great, really fresh. Gonna sit down with it in full later today.

I had Nanoloop on one of my old Androids, made a bunch of Radigue-esque drones with it. I should find that thing and dub those tracks...

Track 2 soooo good! I am def getting this :w00t:

yeah track 2 is really great, i liked Pselodux's other stuff a lot but I would argue this is some of his best stuff.

I bet Eugene is going to come in here any second and yell at you Modey for putting this in 'new releases' section (obvious sarcasm)

Track 2 soooo good! I am def getting this :w00t:

yeah track 2 is really great, i liked Pselodux's other stuff a lot but I would argue this is some of his best stuff.

I bet Eugene is going to come in here any second and yell at you Modey for putting this in 'new releases' section (obvious sarcasm)

Ah thanks guys! Yeah track 2 is probably my favourite from the nanoloop stuff I've written.

I wasn't expecting this to be thought of as some of my best stuff though, that's a big compliment :D

Nanoloop stuff has been a very different writing process for me, more fluid and spontaneous; most of this stuff was written when I had a few minutes spare and had my gameboy on me, hence also why all of the tracks flow into each other without difficulty.

And the reason why I post my stuff in this forum instead of EKT is because I think it's silly to keep them separate just because some are released on labels and some aren't.

Guest bitroast

mmm tracks 2 and 4 keep putting in my head (not sure if it's 2 or 4 specifically or maybe a weird made up combination of the two. echoes from the live set you did recently maybe. either way.. digging :)

*purchased*

And the reason why I post my stuff in this forum instead of EKT is because I think it's silly to keep them separate just because some are released on labels and some aren't.

don't need to explain shit, totally valid to post here. was pointing out the obvious snide childishness of his behavior

makes me think about looking at nanoloop someday

Each version (original gameboy v1, gba v2 and android/ios) is very different in sound but the interfaces are somewhat similar. The mobile version is great in its own way, but v1 and v2 are very good for quick composition and live play. Plus they can use the link cable port for MIDI/CV/2x nanoloop sync, which makes them quite powerful; the sync is pretty tight.

*purchased*

don't need to explain shit, totally valid to post here. was pointing out the obvious snide childishness of his behavior
thanks man, haha yeah I was just explaining in case anyone did come in and say some shit

I've listened through twice so far, and it's excellent. I like how you really make the most of just a few key sounds on each track, simple and effective. It all fits together like one big skillfully arranged piece of music. Interestingly, the standout tracks on my first listen were completely different from the ones that stood out most on my second. I think that's a good sign!

dude you got on the front page of Fact Mag for this, shit's going viral ! awesome job all around.

(made sure to put in a link to your album in the comments, maybe they'll add it to the post)

will need to listen again tomorrow

http://www.factmag.com/2015/10/13/steve-reich-piano-phase-game-boy/

• 2 weeks later...

Would you cite SND as an influence on parts of the album? I was listening to Atavism recently and there are definitely some similar aesthetic sensibilities permeating both works.

My mind went to SND immediately when I heard nanosilo. But that was the only place where I made that connection. For the rest I'm just trippin' out at the nanodisco.

Up on Discogs now: http://www.discogs.com/Pselodux-Nanodisco/release/7665091

Would you cite SND as an influence on parts of the album? I was listening to Atavism recently and there are definitely some similar aesthetic sensibilities permeating both works.

Yes, definitely! The stuttery, minimal chord pattern style had a big impact on me, and nanoloop2 replicates it pretty well. I'm working on combining that sound with some other minimalist composition techniques, perhaps even with the aim of releasing a 'gameboy minimalism' album at some point.

Archived