IGNORED

WATMM 2015 Album of the Year

Rubin Farr

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Class! I'm not sure why, but his music reminds me of Steve Hauschildt, it makes me feel a bit queasy like the synth sounds are too saccharine. I always think it's funny when the general consensus is that something is loved but you can't really stand it. It doesn't happen that often to me but there you go!

Only got round to spinning the colundi everyOne vinyl EP, it's totally great.

Class! I'm not sure why, but his music reminds me of Steve Hauschildt, it makes me feel a bit queasy like the synth sounds are too saccharine. I always think it's funny when the general consensus is that something is loved but you can't really stand it. It doesn't happen that often to me but there you go!

It's OK, mate. Neither I feel OPN's music (so far, haven't heard much).

Guest bitroast

Hey guys, I've never actually been THAT fond of Queen's Made in Heaven album. Anyone else feel this way? It'd mean a lot to me if someone didn't like the same things I don't like.

keep your vile opinions to yourself

...he has so many different styles...

Excellent. I will give him more tries in the future. I heard some synthy stuff and it was like BOC without depth. What should I check first?

We've had this exact same conversation before, pls refer to Garden of Delete thread aka Let's Try To Get StephenG Into OPN thread

Thanks, will check it.

Tho neither are FB.

OK, I will just skip it for now.

I like their recent stuff a lot more, Slow Focus > earlier discography.

Slow Focus is definitely more accomplished than their previous stuff, if you (Jev) have only heard stuff prior to it I recommend a listen. Some mind blowing tracks on there.

Street Horrrsing was magical when it was released. Tarot Sport too, but didn't have the same impact because it was more of the same(ish). They evolved nicely with Slow Focus.

They are also the best live act I've seen. Their sound is absolutely perfect to experience live imo.

Tho neither are FB.

OK, this is not bad at all. Very different from what I have been expecting after hearing Tarot Sport. Thank you.

joshuatx, I have been really enjoying Slow Focus. Love the guitars and dirty sound. Thanks again. Surprised by this. I love when artists develop and change.

Tho neither are FB.

OK, this is not bad at all. Very different from what I have been expecting after hearing Tarot Sport. Thank you.

This is pretty rad. I saw them two summers ago at an outdoor festival a local brewery put on, and they stole the show. They really seem to be at the top of their game.

Tho neither are FB.

This is pretty rad. I saw them two summers ago at an outdoor festival a local brewery put on, and they stole the show. They really seem to be at the top of their game.

I liked a very early song of theirs "sweet love for planet earth" but it was a demo mp3 version that I got from p4k back in the day. No idea if it's floating around anywhere. Other than that I didn't really get into their discography much but Slow Focus was quite good. Love that song in particular, the album version is like 7+ minutes and despite that I'd still throw repeat.

Why are we focusing so much on Fuck Buttons in this thread? Slow Focus came out in 2013, lets talk more about this year.

There's no point discussing this year, OPN clearly obliterates the competition.

Chelsea Wolfe - Abyss

Earl Sweatshirt - I Don't Like Shit, I Don't Go Outside

Gаbor Lаzаr & Mark Fell - The Neurobiology of Moral Decision Making

Grischa Lichtenberger - La Demeure; Il Y A Peril En La Demeure

Lightning Bolt - Fantasy Empire

MED, Blu & Madlib - Bad Neighbor

Mika Vainio & Franck Vigroux - Peau Froide, Leger Soleil

Sa Pa - Fuubutsushi

Shuttle358 - Can You Prove I Was Born

Vilod - Safe In Harbour

The Madlib one is probably my favourite to listen to, kinda regular madlib-produced LP but tighter.

Archived