IGNORED

Deerhunter - Fading Frontier

joshuatxuk

Listening to this today, like it a lot more than I expected, as 2013's Monomania really didn't do it for me.

I loved these guys when they first came out but they left my radar years ago. Even though they scrapped the shoegaze-y noise rock sound this was quite pleasant. I always like indie rock that sounds like it'd be a good soundtrack to a quiet, rural road trip and this fits the bill.

Pretty obsessed with this band right now and their whole back catalogue. There are some fantastic gems to be discovered.

This album is worth plenty of ear time imo. Great stuff!

I've loved them since Microcastle but the last two albums have really done nothing for me. They got rid of the atmosphere which set them apart from other bands at the time, except for maybe TV on the Radio who had the same ambient vein running through their sound.

Listened to the new album and was completely unimpressed. It's not bad music by any means just completely bland. Monomania sounded like a car crash(admittedly this seems to be exactly what they(Bradford) wanted at the time). On a side note TV on the Radio have had a very similar shift in sound on their last two albums, all the elements which made them interesting have been removed.

Agreed this album is a bit MOR, I still like it though. Ad Astra is a classic track and Leather and Wood the only tune I dislike

But yeah compared to mind-melting Cryptograms which is my current fave, it is definitely very tame in comparison.

the problem with the new record its summer music and we have winter, yes thats the problem

I hate when that happens, or when it's the inverse...

...unless the record in question is from the Southern Hemisphere.

Also it must be impossible have any "seasonal" music experience in LA considering the weather is always the same.

Archived