IGNORED

Star Wars Episode VIII *POTENTIAL SPOILERS*

Joyrex

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.polygon.com/2016/2/26/11122488/j-j-abrams-says-star-wars-will-get-an-openly-gay-character

perhaps i get pitchforked for this but lol does anyone else get that overwhelming feeling of the tumblr crew constantly drawing and wishing for finn + poe to be a gay couple being pandered to a bit here ?

Or maybe we'll learn that Luke is gay and therefore Rey isn't his daughter ?

(yeah, I know about the love stories of Luke in the extended universe books but I like my theory)

"Tale of the Jedi Temple" sound underwhelming to me, who's making these titles? I blame Lindelof.

The rumors for Episode 7 were everything from "A New Dawn" to "An Ancient Evil". That's just clickbait stuff at this point. Who gives a shit.

As long as there's plenty of on screen docking I have no problem with this development.

Supposedly Rian Johnson is going to be more "open" and less secretive about filming Episode VIII. Considering we've already seen footage, I'd say he's keeping his word so far!

Chewbacca has been confirmed to be in the Han Solo film, and the internet says duh... probly showing how they met, and possibly how Han won his ship from Lando at Sabacc.

A further 5 movies are rumored to be in development, in addition to the 6 currently known, so I'm betting another trilogy, possibly a spinoff trilogy focusing on Obi Wan, or Vader, or both.

That brings the number of Star Wars movies to 17 so far, just by the middle of next decade. If Disney is smart, they will space out the main trilogies maybe every 10 years to prolong interest in the Skywalker saga.

luke is gay af

just look at that robe

That maybe says more that he molested Ben Solo, causing this whole ordeal to happen. This is all a cleverly disguised PSA... we're through the looking glass here, people...

Chewbacca has been confirmed to be in the Han Solo film, and the internet says duh... probly showing how they met, and possibly how Han won his ship from Lando at Sabacc. A further 5 movies are rumored to be in development, in addition to the 6 currently known, so I'm betting another trilogy, possibly a spinoff trilogy focusing on Obi Wan, or Vader, or both. That brings the number of Star Wars movies to 17 so far, just by the middle of next decade. If Disney is smart, they will space out the main trilogies maybe every 10 years to prolong interest in the Skywalker saga.

holy shit this sucks

Chewbacca has been confirmed to be in the Han Solo film, and the internet says duh... probly showing how they met, and possibly how Han won his ship from Lando at Sabacc. A further 5 movies are rumored to be in development, in addition to the 6 currently known, so I'm betting another trilogy, possibly a spinoff trilogy focusing on Obi Wan, or Vader, or both. That brings the number of Star Wars movies to 17 so far, just by the middle of next decade. If Disney is smart, they will space out the main trilogies maybe every 10 years to prolong interest in the Skywalker saga.

holy shit this sucks

So refreshing having someone who can time travel and can warn us ahead of time about movies that haven't even been written yet as to how awful they are going to be...

Remember - people thought Disney buying Lucasfilm was going to be bad for Star Wars - and so far, we've gotten one of the best Star Wars movies ever* out of it.

*2 billion dollars box office and my humble opinion of course

Guest bitroast

it was an entertaining film but in hindsight sits very firmly in hollywoods current whirlpool of ' no new ideas - reboot the familiar and they will come ' .

most of the time i have no problem shrugging off reboots and lazy sequels but star wars is tricky because they did put in effort to make it a a pseudo-sequel and they did put in effort to make it an enjoyable film. and it is an enjoyable film. so theres no point me trying to convince you or anyone that you don't like the film.

but..

but..

i really wish Star Wars Episode 7 wasn't a reboot.

holy shit this sucks

So refreshing having someone who can time travel and can warn us ahead of time about movies that haven't even been written yet as to how awful they are going to be...

Remember - people thought Disney buying Lucasfilm was going to be bad for Star Wars - and so far, we've gotten one of the best Star Wars movies ever* out of it.

*2 billion dollars box office and my humble opinion of course

i really loved force awakens but the magic of star wars is its exclusivity... flooding the market with films will only dull the "special" impact of star wars. much less to get excited about

Archived