IGNORED

Der Zyklus - Renormalon

Herr Jan

WeMe Records will be releasing a new Der Zyklus album, Renormalon, sometime in 2016. This Belgium label has gradually built a strong relationship with Heinrich Mueller and since 2009 have released the following records related to him: a split 12" with DJ Stingray on Drexciyan Connection 12", Gedankenexperiment - Experiment Defined 12" (2010), Der Zyklus - Krypton 84 12" EP (2012), NRSB-11 - Commodified CD/2LP (2013) and most recently an exclusive Der Zyklus track, 'T4', was included on their double LP 10 year anniversary compilation, WeMe Ans, in 2014.

I asked the label for any information about the forthcoming release and they sent me the titles below. There is no other information about the release online at present. They have released a short video on the WeMe Facebook of a track playing from a white label copy though. The only other thing I can tell you about the album title is that in physics, a renormalon is a particular source of divergence seen in perturbative approximations to quantum field theories.

Der Zyklus - Renormalon WeMe313.12 LP 45rpm

Spatial Multiplexing

Interference Pattern

Photopolymer

Visible Spectrum

Diffeomorphism

Optical Distortion

------

An album in Mueller terms of course meaning a six track 12" :) still though, really psyched for this! Was really hoping that video wasn't just for another overly short 3 track EP.

This Belgium label has gradually built a strong relationship with Heinrich Mueller

Out of context that's pretty awkward :emotawesomepm9:

Looking forward to it anyway :music:

• 2 weeks later...

Exciting news !!!

Going to see Dopplereffekt tomorrow in Nantes, any Watmmers gpoing ?

yes i was there...il n'avait pas l'air de s 'éclater hein?!?...et leur sortie!!!...génial!!...à part le son qui des fois manquait de dynamisme ou une compression bizarrement foutu et un public heuuuu...du lieu unique quoi....sinon je suis content d'avoir vu une légende!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just got this today.

Very intriguing stuff as ever from Herr Müller.

He seems to have mostly ditched the usual Der Zyklus sound palate in favor of a selection of ominous shepard tones cloaked in haunting reverbs. The first snare doesnt even show up til half way through the album. From what I can gather from the title and track names it seems to be focusing on some element of theoretical quantum physics which transcends science and into the realm of the spooky. Its ground he has covered before but something about the slow pace, almost lo-fi (for Donald) sound design and unusual all white/clear artwork and presentation makes this seem like another fresh entry into his discography.

Compared to previous works it sits somewhere between the abstract ambience of Linear Accelerator or Biometry, but with the paranormal aspect of the Zwischenwelt LP.

• 2 weeks later...

It's not exactly on a Biometry LP level (less tracks and not that wild), but i consider this as a return to form for now. He dragged himself for many years with that moderate retro minimal synth stuff

Archived