IGNORED

Huerco S. - For Those Of You Who Have Never (And Also Those Who Have)

manmower

HuercoS_LP_450.jpg

A1. A Sea Of Love
A2. Lifeblood (Naïve Melody)
B1. Hear Me Out
B2. Kraanvogel
C1. On The Embankment
C2. Marked For Life
C3. Cubist Camouflage
D1. Promises of Fertility
D2. The Sacred Dance

I pretty much ignored Railroad Blues (need to catch up sometime) but with this announcement he's got my attention again. Can't find any audio yet though.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, excellent. Love Colonial Patterns, been eagerly awaiting his follow-up for ages. Interestingly he originally said his second would come out on Software as well but this seems to be on Proibito.

More interestingly this looks to be a beatless ambient album rather than a housey one.

Imminent lush.

Ive been trying to cop his excellent Royal Crown of Sweden reissue but have never seen it at any record shop in nyc.. in general Proibito 12s are hard to track down here. Probably because theyre pressed/distro in europe like many north america based labels seem to be now?

prices for that record and his other stuff haven't been too bad on discogs, but in person i have yet to see his stuff anywhere but Amoeba around here...

Really appreciate both his productions and sets but I think he's a bit overrated or rather overhyped anyway. So I don't really bother jumping on releases as they become available and can't be arsed to hunt down sold out stuff. I think I have Colonial Patterns, A Verdigris Reader and the second R.C.O.S. (Regalier?) and that's it.

Good for him that his stuff sells out and isn't piling up in record stores I guess.

for me there's an artistic confidence and aesthetic maturity about his music that I think warrants the praise. He has a particular sonic vision that seems to permeate throughout all of his work and yet it feels really open to interpretation, which I think is one of the main reasons I love it so much. It isn't really immediate music—it's very relaxed and has a certain ambivalence to it that lets you approach it at your leisure.

'On The Embankment', is the first thing tagged by mixcloud in his NTS mix. Hard to tell where his opening field recording ends and track begins tho. But the rest of the mix has been excellent

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This album settles deep into the subconscious. I've on multiple occasions found melodies spinning in my head that I couldnt place (or didn't even realize were from this album) and only connected the dots later.

That spiraling synth on marked for life in particular, I wasn't sure if I was just inventing a melody or remembering a dream or was from an older album or what

fucking hell this is good, one of those albums were you're already considering it one of the best albums you've heard in awhile before you even get halfway through the release

reminds me a lot of gas and to a lesser extent 1991 (albeit a lot more fleshed out and hi-fi than 1991's stuff)

fucking hell reminds me a lot of gas and to a lesser extent 1991 (albeit a lot more fleshed out and hi-fi than 1991's stuff)

Completely agree! More people need to be going for the Gas vibe, it's sublime.

This record is so effortless in its excellence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Picked this one up a couple of days ago and it's a beauty. Still surprised by how low-key it is in the beats department. Was expecting something like ambient techno because of the Gas comparison but most of it's just ambient period.

Archived