IGNORED

French Police - EDM G 0

a0042564527_10.jpg

https://edmsoundwave.bandcamp.com/album/edm-g-0

French Police are a bunch of wankers that all hate eachother but squatted together in the 70's in the luton and dunstable area. they even had a makeshift studio in one of Vauxhall's disused factory buildings. Pete & Dave Shredder are the lead guitarists, John Peters on Vocals, Steve Philips on Bass, and last but not least the man known only as Minty Bollox on drums.

Due to wifeswapping and incidents of robbery, prostitution and grievous harm, the band are no longer on speaking terms. But EDM has managed to obtain the copyright from their then manager, Alvarez Cortinez, who royally (but legally) screwed them over at the beginning of their career. They famously supported Queen at Pink Flamingo Transport Cafe, a video of which can be obtained by a bloke with a suitcase in Brick Lane , London , on certain Sunday Mornings. Proceeds from the sale of this album will go towards future bail petitions. At time of going to press, the band are being sued by a wealthy famous pop star over their chosen moniker.

Was curious if there actually was a band under this name before, but I'm having no luck finding them lol.

This stuff is pretty darn cool from what I've listened to so far, very surprising entry in the series, but I'm digging the new territory.

Feels weird to not be waiting on it as a physical release, though....

Wow the EDM soundwave rolls on

After seeing the initial write-up and non-physical I thought this was going to be a bit more of a tossed off entry to pad out the series, Jodey & pals messing around as a punk band or something like Two Lone Swordsmen's duff rock n roll album. But its not its ace. Using mostly rock instrumentation/percussion as source material to create a kind of dark dubby techno/EDM augmented with loops of feedback, snatches of spoken word and chugging riffage. Not a million miles away from the mood and tone of English Electric or GEA, but definitely its own thing.

Exciting that he is doing a non-compilation release under a pseudonym, considering there are still almost 20 more releases planned I hope we get a Rob Kidley/Alain Kepler solo album somewhere down the line.

• 2 months later...

Long live the EDM series! I was just listening to the EDM C tracks again today, and to my surprise I see this new release.

I assume that the description can be ignored, with the reality that it's more Jodey solo trax? Hmm... I'm liking it so far but I need to give it a proper listen through.

Archived