So, Inglan (is a bitch) can't get any worse, ok they could get worse, but thats a tangent....

An ex-colleague and West-Ham regular absolutely loathed the bloke during his time there. Even if Alladyce is kinda personable, said colleague and long time Inglan supporter predicts a brief period of stabilization before rapid disintegration.

How do the Anglo-Saxons & footy posting folks see this one playing out?

Kevin Nolan's retired, so thats one time honoured tradition missing from his repertoire. Mmold a more cohesive back-4/defensive unit? Only give the players their sweets if they win/draw?

Personally, even with all the recent Premier League managerial changes, cant quite believe this one.

I predict he clones Mark Noble to play him in every position bar striker, who will be Andy Carroll.

Or let these three classic Sam Allardyce gifs sum up exactly what his managerial term will be.

zsRjBJ8.gif

MFQDyYy.gif

giphy.gif

In terms of national managerial appointments, I don't know which FA has fucked up worse - England or Belgium. At least Martinez can play some good attacking football.

Seems standard enough for England at this point. By no means are we willing to usher in a new generation, that are brought up to play a different kind of football (more technical) when we have old fogies still deployed in the FA. I believe they have as much a say as the manager when it comes to team selection. Wayne fucking Rooney. Put him in the bin already.

I actually think he'll just rid the gravy train, do a decent/moderate job until he pisses someone off in the team/gets trolloped by Moldova.

I honestly don't give a shit, I hope he does well but I am also well prepared for another English failure. Fingers crossed he stays for awhile as I definitely want to see him in an ill-fitted suit sweating his arse off in Qatar. 

The fact that Allardyce wanted the job worries me. Nobody in their right mind would want to take on this ridiculous group of players.

The England manager job should be a new form of punishment for club managers when they break rules. It's no use issuing fines to the likes of Mourinho when he steps out of line. Make him manage England for a while. The job should just be a constant rotation of club managers fulfilling a kind of community service for bad behavior and you don't get back out of it until you've won a few games.

For every finals England end up being my "second-team" behind my own country.

But it just becomes harder for me to find any integrity and rationality in the way the national team is handled, and I'm starting to lose a lot of respect of England as footballing nation. Maybe try to look a bit overseas, get inspired by those "red thread" coaching implementaions (through youth systems etc.) that so many continental teams have integrated and have been massively succesful for (Spain, Germany, Belgium). There's just no managerial and coaching sophistication in England, it's just "get-out-there-mentality", too much focus on motivational drivel, banter sort of sentiments and absolutely no tactical thinking outside the box or innovation. The conservatism that permeates the English football culture is just appalling. It's getting kind of embarrassing to follow England, or it has been for years actually (and this comes from someone who really really wants England to do well, this is only reason I'm a bit mean maybe).

• 1 month later...

It shouldn't come as a surprise from a massive bloater but he's got a ridiculously well-paid job where the bar is so low even if you fail it doesn't really matter, and he's willing to risk it for £400k? The greed is astonishing. 

Big Sam is a moron, he's been caught wheelin' & dealin before when he was at Bolton (looool), fool me one shame on you.....

Big Sam was making 3 mil dollars and year and decided to risk it all for 400k, this guy is addicted to wheelin' and dealin' just like his old pal 'Arry 

Give the job to Arsene Wenger, pay him whatever he wants 

:trap: WHEELIN' & DEALIN' :trap:

Archived