IGNORED

"Why EDM died"

YangYing

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not gonna read these articles, but i approve the main points and don't see anything odd with them. Subtly rephrasing: fuck Frank Ocean, fuck Beatles, fuck Blink 182. Is it not common sense? Since Blink 182 didn't give a fuck musically, i give them edge above Beatles, it's listenable. OK, i put up a song by Blink 182 and recall the last statement.

Not gonna read these articles, but i approve the main points and don't see anything odd with them. Subtly rephrasing: fuck Frank Ocean, fuck Beatles, fuck Blink 182. Is it not common sense? Since Blink 182 didn't give a fuck musically, i give them edge above Beatles, it's listenable. OK, i put up a song by Blink 182 and recall the last statement.

Doesn't read articles, doesn't accurately rephrase them.

Am I on slashdot?

• 2 months later...

Next up is some vaporwave neo-nue-metal hybrid that'll come with a critical re-appraisal of bands like Mudvayne and Static-X

Lol yes, and on vocals will be the singer from Fun, Adam Levine and Fall Out Boy guy.

As well as appearances from DNCE / Joe Jonas and Zayn from 1-D

I heard a new Martin Garrix track which was basically pop-rnb, also the new Chainsmokerzzz track is similar. They all seem to be jumping the EDM drowning ship quite quickly.

Yeah definitely, it's pretty lame if you ask me. They all use the same plastic edm sounds and builds and motifs, but change the vibe and kick patterns depending on what the season's edm/pop hype is... First, big room/dutch, then dubstep, then it was "deep house", then chill edm, then it was reggeaton/bass/moombaton/whatever diplo type shit, then trap, then tropical house, now tropical chillstep / trap fusion lol. Theyre all doin it.

I must admit im guilty of riding the edm waves a bit in some of my productions myself but i like to think my melodies and general vibes are less obnoxious than "#Selfie" or "Animals" lol

Archived