IGNORED

"Why EDM died"

YangYing

Here is a cool Pitchfork story for you.

I met this guy who is a friend of a friend at a bar one night. He is a senior writer / review for Pitchfork or something, he was awkward as fuck, like we talking spectrum. I tried to make conversation with him and asked if he wanted to talk about music. He bluntly replied "no" like I was gutter trash. So I was like fuck this cunt and had a cigarette. Made no effort to talk to him anymore.

Not that I liked Pitchfork prior to this, but any notion that Pitchfork is full of pretentious assholes was fully supported by this interaction.

SO yeah fuck Pitchfork.

Well, to be fair, we don't know you that well and you might very well BE gutter trash! Benefit of the doubt and all that though.

I know a guy who writes for pfork. More of an acquaintance TBH (friend of friend) but I've met him IRL. Like most he's freelance and knows a niche genre well, in this case he's a big metalhead. True story, he was told to edit out the beginning of a review for a disappointingly dull sludge metal album he was tasked with. He started off the review confessing that about a 1/3 through listening for the first time he got bored and turned on the newest Riff Raff album instead. He was completely honest but they didn't want him to include that. He tweeted it instead. Had it been late 90s thru mid-00s pitchfork they wouldn't have interfered.

Most writers for these sites are decent folks but personally I think the site as a whole, and their editors at the helm, has jumped shark long, long ago. It's a PR outlet and big inide / "cool mainstream" multimedia site. Fade and FACT are just as bad, in fact I'd argue FACT is way douchier and superficial than pitchfork. I like sites like Quietus, Tiny Mixtapes, RA, and Consequence of Sound a lot more.

A cunt I went to school with is now a music 'critic' for the telegraph. I remember him at 16 years old thinking the blink 182 tune about fucking a dogs arse was the pinnacle of music.

Here he is now slagging off a frank ocean album in a national newspaper in exchange for money

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/what-to-listen-to/messy-pompous-and-pointless--why-frank-oceans-blonde-doesnt-live/

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is a cool Pitchfork story for you.

I met this guy who is a friend of a friend at a bar one night. He is a senior writer / review for Pitchfork or something, he was awkward as fuck, like we talking spectrum. I tried to make conversation with him and asked if he wanted to talk about music. He bluntly replied "no" like I was gutter trash. So I was like fuck this cunt and had a cigarette. Made no effort to talk to him anymore.

Not that I liked Pitchfork prior to this, but any notion that Pitchfork is full of pretentious assholes was fully supported by this interaction.

SO yeah fuck Pitchfork.

Well, to be fair, we don't know you that well and you might very well BE gutter trash! Benefit of the doubt and all that though.

I know a guy who writes for pfork. More of an acquaintance TBH (friend of friend) but I've met him IRL. Like most he's freelance and knows a niche genre well, in this case he's a big metalhead. True story, he was told to edit out the beginning of a review for a disappointingly dull sludge metal album he was tasked with. He started off the review confessing that about a 1/3 through listening for the first time he got bored and turned on the newest Riff Raff album instead. He was completely honest but they didn't want him to include that. He tweeted it instead. Had it been late 90s thru mid-00s pitchfork they wouldn't have interfered.

Most writers for these sites are decent folks but personally I think the site as a whole, and their editors at the helm, has jumped shark long, long ago. It's a PR outlet and big inide / "cool mainstream" multimedia site. Fade and FACT are just as bad, in fact I'd argue FACT is way douchier and superficial than pitchfork. I like sites like Quietus, Tiny Mixtapes, RA, and Consequence of Sound a lot more.

A cunt I went to school with is now a music 'critic' for the telegraph. I remember him at 16 years old thinking the blink 182 tune about fucking a dogs arse was the pinnacle of music.

Here he is now slagging off a frank ocean album in a national newspaper in exchange for money

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/what-to-listen-to/messy-pompous-and-pointless--why-frank-oceans-blonde-doesnt-live/

lol I haven't even heard "blonde" yet, but this is the level of criticism this mug is throwing out:

and there are only drums on five of the songs.

James_Lachno-small.png

says it all really. I wonder if he brings his prior incarnation as a blink182 listener up in polite company? Actually, what am i saying, all those reviewers probably had and continue to have bad taste. All that said, i'm sure his review on frank ocean's new album is on point, hahah. I've never heard frank ocean before, but i can't imagine that it brings any sonic delight to the table, or the dogs under the table for that matter. That drums quote is hilarious though, should have renamed the article "the day the drums died", would have fit in with this thread better then too. You know, isn't "i can't like it because it hasn't got a beat to it", one of those clichés that plebs use when trying to explain why they can't get classical music.

Well, am i wrong ? Mainstream music is a mess. My mind is better off without it. Given the likelihood of it being terrible, the possibility of you invalidating a judgement made using my hard won wisdom is pretty low kiddies.

Delet, you think General Relativity is a liberal hoax

Where is this "wisdom" you speak of?

Well given that, though you have misrepresented my position on that topic, i am not then going to engage in a fruitless 180 post count 'debate' with you on this, well this i would say, ably demonstrates my wisdom. hahah.

I seem to recall you don't believe in Quantum Mechanics, either

And as I recall you suggested that the reason these theories gained popularity was ideologically-motivated "gatekeeping", no?

P.S. How do you feel about the theory of Evolution?

James_Lachno-small.png

says it all really. I wonder if he brings his prior incarnation as a blink182 listener up in polite company? Actually, what am i saying, all those reviewers probably had and continue to have bad taste.

Here is another one of his articles.....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/rockandpopmusic/11000681/Blink-182-Ill-take-them-over-the-Beatles.html

I went to school with such a bunch of wankers

James_Lachno-small.png

says it all really. I wonder if he brings his prior incarnation as a blink182 listener up in polite company? Actually, what am i saying, all those reviewers probably had and continue to have bad taste.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/rockandpopmusic/11000681/Blink-182-Ill-take-them-over-the-Beatles.html

Good Lord.

James_Lachno-small.png

Why can't people like him die in a fire....

Archived