IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

the great waxing philosopher imparted some truly refined truth nuggets upon his humbled masses over the weekend regarding windmills:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/dec/23/trump-bizarre-tirade-windmills

“I never understood wind. You know, I know windmills very much. They’re noisy. They kill the birds. You want to see a bird graveyard? Go under a windmill someday. You’ll see more birds than you’ve ever seen in your life.”

“But they’re manufactured tremendous if you’re into this, tremendous fumes. Gases are spewing into the atmosphere. You know we have a world, right? So the world is tiny compared to the universe. So tremendous, tremendous amount of fumes and everything.

“You see all those windows. They’re all different shades of color,” he said. “They’re like sort of white, but one is like an orange-white. It’s my favorite color, orange.”

1 hour ago, zero said:

the great waxing philosopher imparted some truly refined truth nuggets upon his humbled masses over the weekend regarding windmills:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/dec/23/trump-bizarre-tirade-windmills

After three years I'm still not entirely sure if he is doing this on purpose or if he is really that dumb. Or is he hoping that acting dumb makes him seem smart and that he that way can hide is stupidity?

2 hours ago, darreichungsform said:

After three years I'm still not entirely sure if he is doing this on purpose or if he is really that dumb. Or is he hoping that acting dumb makes him seem smart and that he that way can hide is stupidity?

his speeches, political decisions, twitter feuds...all are just completely off the cuff responses with very little rhyme or reason. when it comes to the art of bullshitting, I don't even think he knows if he's trying to be smart, play dumb, speak the truth, or he's just making it all up. he truly is an enigma. and completely mentally unstable. which is fine when you're a reality show con man, but, y'know, is no bueno when you're the leader of a country tasked with making important decisions.

add into the mix the fact that the MAGA crowd agrees with his made up bullshit no matter what, and the mainstream media is left pointing fingers and angry when he speaks nonsense, takes the whole shebang to other worldly levels of absurdity. 

All I wanted from this presidency was piss tapes, but instead we get four more years. 

14 minutes ago, Gocab said:

All I wanted from this presidency was piss tapes, but instead we get four more years. 

maybe we'll get the piss tapes at end of 2nd term just for the full release. 

he really is a ridiculously fucking stupid human being, that's just all there is to it. he does have a fair amount of skills in recognizing how to play games so that he wins (by cheating at them most often from what i've seen) and at manipulating himself (his own internal reasoning, as any thinking human has to have some amount of) and sometimes at manipulating others, be it persons or large groups, etc. he's not particularly good at any one thing except maybe noticing an opportunity in front of him. he fucks up those opportunities very often, of course.

2 hours ago, Gocab said:

what really gets me is that yeah, maybe that's legit and there's a piss tape, but we'll likely never see it. okay, fine, that's not the thing.... the thing is there's longstanding accepted talk that there's (audio) tapes of him being hella racist, using the n-word, etc, from when he was on The Apprentice or from that time period. like, very recent, recorded examples of this, that never saw the light of day. someone probably bought it out or the asshole who had the tape/s didn't wanna sell it, idk, but there's some asshole with that shit that could've (maybe) prevented his presidency, and this asshole didn't do a public service and release them. yeah, fuck Trump, for sure, but fuck that asshole and every other enabler and excuser that sits beside Trump and allows his vile idiocy to propagate.

• Like 4

^ if only more Republicans would think like that... I'm kinda surprised there hasn't been more of a female backlash within the Republican party against Donald, considering how misogynistic he is. and the viewpoint that he is some sort of Messianic figure is so twisted, makes you realize how many people out there are truly mindless beings, wandering from one authority figure to the next...

• Like 1

I suspect a big part of it is group think. In the way that it's more about being part of the group and less about Trump. Although I'm sure there's still plenty who individually would support Trump, regardless of this group dynamic.

As strange as it may sound, it might be more about being loyal to the group you're in (and being consistent, as the woman in the interview says). Some people are willing to show they're part of the group by playing the so-called cheerleaders. And because Trump is such a divisive figure, Trump support is the most blatant way to show allegiance. You only need a MAGA hat, and you're very much part of the group.

So I'm tempted to think they (the stereotypical cheerleaders) might be doing that, because they seek the affirmation and acceptance from the group. As if their lives might depend on it. Which arguably it does. On an emotional level, if you will. (that's how humanity survived)

Edited by goDel

the disinfo is a massive problem. entire states are cooked in fox news fantasyland and it is baked in. people do not appreciate what has been done to the US by the alliance of right-wing-media/putin's military intelligence/cambridge analytica/shill GOP congress members.

the broader political issue is no longer as much about opinions, nuances of view, etc. the bigger factor is the widescale propaganda successfully deceiving whole states. people parrot manufactured, false, strategic messaging as though it is their opinion and it is difficult to save them from the illusions. 

i'm dumbfounded at GOP congress members mouth-piecing putin propaganda that covers up the 2016 GRU hacking of the DNC and how these GOP members feel immune to accountability. they are confident in their ability to deceive their constituencies.

trump extorted an ally to cover up an attack on the US by putin, the GOP are helping him get away with it, and half the country is brainwashed.

Edited by very honest

people need to take putin seriously. he overthrew democracy in his country. his life depends on keeping the oil revenue of his oligarchs healthy. he is a murdering thug with spy skills. the annexation of crimea was the first hostile acquisition of land in europe since world war 2. putin has the russian military at war with neighbor ukraine because he is afraid of the threat that democracy and justice pose to his hold on power. putin came up as a kgb agent in east berlin. the soviet union he served is the one that allied with hitler until hitler turned on them. he wants to drill the arctic and the rapidly melting ice works in his favor. 

this is the dude that trump and the gop have teamed up with.

Edited by very honest

And being accomplices in the worst effects of climate change we've seen to date in this year alone, they're a threat to the planet. It's not really the nukes I'm worried about anymore.

• Like 1

On 12/27/2019 at 9:20 AM, ambergonk said:

And being accomplices in the worst effects of climate change we've seen to date in this year alone, they're a threat to the planet. It's not really the nukes I'm worried about anymore.

some people think the game is pretty much over.  that we can't win. that we should've started in the 70s if we were serious. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, MIXL2 said:

accelerationism

"i wish this election would hurry up and happen already"

"fuck it i wish the planet would just hurry up and end. the suspense is boring me to death"

the forecast is a 4 foot sea rise by the century's end, meaning 30% of bangladesh submerged. not sure to what extent this forecast encorporates acceleration from feedback loops such as melting sea ice revealing dark blue water, and melting permafrost releasing greenhouse gases.

civilizational collapse may result from disregard of climate destabilization. abandoned coastal cities, migrated populations, disrupted infrastructure, economic depression, increased super-storms and droughts. it will be amazing if this is not a global catastrophe.

we didn't even foresee fossile fuel interests aligning with putin, trump, the gop, and wall street to poison the information supply. 

Edited by very honest
  • Like 3
  • Burger 1

huh...had no idea trump derangement syndrome was a thing. just googled it and see there was also a bush derangement syndrome and obama derangement syndrome as well.