IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

23 minutes ago, very honest said:

kim jong un said he's resuming the ballistic nuke program

and it looks like trump just killed an iranian general

Jfc 

I wonder when this is all going to come to a head via an all out global conflict. 

Edited by StephenG

31 minutes ago, StephenG said:

It's getting increasingly complex

it's been complex as fuck for a few decades. idk that it could get more complex, save for the natural buildup of history of those said DECADES IN WHICH AMERICA FOR SOME FUCKING REASON IS STILL THERE. (spoilers, that is the fucking problem)

8 minutes ago, Salvatorin said:

if in 2020 you still believe trump and putin and buddies you are a fucking idiot

It was never about them being 'buddies'. Putin wanted Trump in power to destabilise the western alliance, he doesn't give a shit about Trump in particular, just a means to an end.

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

6 minutes ago, caze said:

It was never about them being 'buddies'. Putin wanted Trump in power to destabilise the western alliance, he doesn't give a shit about Trump in particular, just a means to an end.

lots of people (some probably ITT) think that they are/were buddies, or in cahoots or somesuch. this is of course not the case nor was it. 

• Like 2

What do you guys think are the implications of this, all the hype aside?

Ugh Trump just tweeted a huge image of the American flag 15 mins ago like he's a 12 year old brat. And all these alt right nuts are rah rah ing already. I'm no fan of the Iranian National Guard, but I think we've just headed into something freaky.

^hard to begin to quantify. this could, honestly, no hyperbole be the biggest event of this century (so far, obv)....and yes i'm including 9/11 (tho obv this is connected down the way). it could also lead to a little back and forth and then fizzle out as everyone remembers there's more money to be made in not killing each other. 

pulling this shit could easily bring up the tensions with Russia, Turkey, etc., as well as give other powers (China comes to mind first) the opportunity to further their own agendas while staying on the outside, perhaps giving them the better hand in the long run. idk, there's a LOT that could be said here. this is (could be) a very, very big deal. 

edit: i really doubt Iran is just gonna let this go, of course. i mean, maybe they could? i don't know enough about Iran's interests or tactics to really say. i'm certainly not the most knowledgeable foreign affairs person around here.

Edited by auxien
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Stickfigger said:

This is a good distraction away from all the bushfires which are dominating the news down here at the moment. Much needed events to spice up my newsfeed a bit

What caused the bushfires, though? Probably the same way of doing economy Trump represents

2 minutes ago, auxien said:

also very likely very related: 

How convenient that they attacked Saudi-Arabia, A+ reason to invade them

for whatever reason, trump really panders to putin. numerous actions benefit putin and are starkly against US interest. for example, trump extorted ukraine to cover up putin's 2016 hack and dump operation on the DNC. that's what the crowdstrike conspiracy theory is, it's putin intelligence propaganda that shifts the blame for the hack from them to ukraine. oddly, trump started talking about the DNC server and suspicion around it immediately after his helsinki summit with putin. the conspiracy theory could not be found on the internet at that time. AND one of the things leveraged was a white house meeting, which was maybe more valuable than the aid because zelensky needed the show of support from the US while he is trying to negotiate an end to war with russia on terms that are favorable to ukraine.. 

countless very suspicious links exist. i never said they're friends. i think putin is kgb, and what they do is develop marks, and trump is a mark and an opportunist who probably knows he is compromised and is trying to weasel some cash out of this.

Edited by very honest
  • Farnsworth 1

yeah, this looks bad. this looks like trump wants war with iran. we're now in the time when we don't yet know what the iranian retaliation will be. and what trump's retaliation to that will be.

do you think iran will do nothing? i sure hope they do nothing.

Edited by very honest
  • Like 1

one the one hand it's good that Suleimani is dead, as he was a real piece of shit, responsible for a huge amount of misery and death across the region. on the other hand it could lead to serious escalation. hopefully it'll tip the balance towards the moderates inside Iran, he was basically the 2nd in command there, more powerful than the president even. probably wishful thinking though.

I'm worried about the Iranian population. They're decent people

The agitation and war propaganda against Iran has intensified for a while now. I imagine a war in a country with such a complex topography particularly difficult, time consuming and dirty. No one could win it

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, darreichungsform said:

I'm worried about the Iranian population. They're decent people

The agitation and war propaganda against Iran has intensified for a while now. I imagine a war in a country with such a complex topography particularly difficult, time consuming and dirty. No one could win it

no one wins. really.

people said the same thing about iraq btw.. afghanistan too... " war in a country with such a complex topography particularly difficult, time consuming and dirty." which is sad that people will start asking that question. .once the news shows join in the trumpets it's all but done.  once they start asking nad debating "what would war with iran look like?" and that kind of shit.. then it's over.  then it's a conclusion in people's minds already and they've swallowed the idea and are just waiting. 

if trump decides for some action against iran there will be chaos. lot's of calm reasonable people on the sidelines will finally get off their asses and start protesting.. and the people who've been motivated all along and protesting etc will probably take things up a notch. 

but also all the blind "patriots" will ramp up their bullshit as well. it'll be chaos. 

there's been a "Committee to liberate iran" for like 30 years.. somewhere in the pentagon.. I imagine veterans will be split. 

fingers crossed that sanity prevails or some dumb luck to keep the orange idiot distracted.

Edit: Rage Against The Machine is headlining Coachella though. so that'll ChAnGe eVeRyTHinG

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 1