IGNORED

Wibo Enter - Hidden Things (with video)

Shockerbrown

very clean and cozy. it's a little plodding - obviously quite minimal stylistically but i think the track could say all it wants to say in less time. i'd shorten it a bit personally (trimming a minute off the start or so). the lead synth reminds me a little of Slugabed and the first Kuedo EP which i dig.

I'm kind of in two minds about the duration, kind of agree that "the point" of the track could be made in less time but I also think these kind of things are meant to linger on a bit so you can get lost in it. To my ears it could be a bit dirtier, could have some more hiss and grit imho. Maybe bounce to tape or something?  Really like the use of the vocal, the way it weaves in and out, all around great dub vibes. Will this be available as a download at some point? Might want to play it out or at a house gathering.

I actually like the extended intro but agree that the range between 2 and 3.5 minutes could be trimmed a tad, don't wanna make people wait too long to get to the good stuff. That said, I really like the production here, the mix is nice and wide without being muddy, and the crispness adds to the mellow, chilled out vibe. A bounce to tape probably wouldn't hurt, because I think you're toeing the line into something dirtier and funkier here, but this could also serve as an introduction to an EP/album where you explore progressively deeper into the filth. You're like three degrees of separation away from dirty sex music and I dig it.

Thanks for the feedback you guys. Really appreciate it! Interesting that you both mentioned the bounce to tape thing. It's also funny to read because im into that for years: making analog/lofi music. Maybe I will make a more analog version of this track  :wink:

Archived