Sign in to follow this  
fxbip

Fxbip Experimental Braindance

Langueurs is fab as usual - excellent synth sounds, mixing etc, lots of detail.

I have a genuine question - are you totally satisfied with the music you're making now or do you have other ambitions? (I just ask because it all sounds so finished and polished so I wondered if you consider this an end point, or if you're still in a process)

:) thanks!

I must say i am indeed quite satisfied with it,the sounds i'm doing right now.It was basically what i was aiming for when starting out 7 years ago.

Was a lot of hard work and trial and errors to get to that point.

But im still enjoying making it a lot,its a need,to create such tracks,it has become an addiction and an obsession,i get craving to make them,

they are the most enjoyable to make for me and the process of making them is as important as the results if not more.

Getting lost in the flow,cleaning my mind from the shit happening with composing and self expression.

So im gonna keep making these,and pushing this sound as far as i can.And you can always get better,there is no limit really.

Making shows,and releasing these in the wild is next now.Getting a decent label could be cool even if its not the most important point for me in the act of making music,i truly do it because its a need,even if i would never have a good label or shows i would not mind that much because the act of creation and the results are enought for me,and everything else is a bonus.

But music is about sharing as well so would like it to blossom in that aspect as well.

Im into improvisation a lot as well,im starting doing project with friends and peers

and also contemplating getting some course into ear training to make classical music,quartets especially.

Always had an interest in classical,i improvise on piano a lot and i can actually compose decent classical but as im self taught my ear training and solfeggio and pure sight reading is not the best.

So this could be my next challenge for me,learn ear training and be able to compose on paper the good old way.

Edited by fxbip

Classical direction sounds great - any fave composers? I love Brahms myself

Beethoven,Gesualdo,Ligeti,Bach are my top favorite composers.

Love some stuff by Mozart,Shostakovich,Brahms,Schumann,Schoenberg,Berg,Wagner,Haydn,Palestrina,Bartok as well.

Nice work! Percussion is great, very computery and complex but not too dry and artificial sounding. Great melody work and nice clean mix.

I'd have more fithy, gritty bits going on, but if this is what you're going for then you got it. :smile:

wow this is some serious music

what programs has beens used? can tell it's pretty digital but very lush bins. is what   ..?

what programs has beens used? can tell it's pretty digital but very lush bins. is what   ..?

I use a lot of analogue and a lot of digital.

Tetra,Akai ax73,JX8p for analogue

DX7,PSR36 for hardware FM

Absynth 5,Synplant,Oberheim clone from arturia in digital.For Lush weird pads and ambience mainly.Synplant is sick for glitches too.

Sylenth 1 too for ravey dark intense supersaw riffs.

Sometimes Monark for bass.

Drums are all samples sequenced in a computer.

Edited by fxbip

excellent stuff, congrats! brian and karen would be proud  :biggrin:

how are you typically processing your signals?

the mix for langueurs stands-out to me. funny how much frequency slotting has to do with the quality of a mix.

i am sure your processes are similar for langueurs as they are on your other tracks but, langueurs has less frequency fighting going on and the mix sounds excellent for that.

excellent stuff, congrats! brian and karen would be proud  :biggrin:

how are you typically processing your signals?

the mix for langueurs stands-out to me. funny how much frequency slotting has to do with the quality of a mix.

i am sure your processes are similar for langueurs as they are on your other tracks but, langueurs has less frequency fighting going on and the mix sounds excellent for that.

Thanks!

About mixing:

I do know i can be wildy inconsistent in mixing quality i must confess,:P partially cause i cant mix loud all the time because of neighbours.So sometime i do the job with lesser means and volume. And have a tendencies to put a bit too much layers of synths hahaha :P 

V is wicked. Really like the mix for that one. 

V is wicked. Really like the mix for that one. 

aphex level here

Thanks guys! :P

damn man, you're really prolific! ...but not just the quantity, therez quality in your music. million things happens in this track!

you manage to produce your own voice in this specific style of music but also in mixing techniques 

Edited by xox

hey great tracks, thanks for sharing.

i like what you're doing but one thing that stands out in all your tracks is that your beats are a bit buried and could use a boost in volume to make them more dynamic. It sounds like you've got everything sorted with them but they need a finishing touch of compression and eq. 

Just my thoughts, otherwise great work and looking forward to more.