IGNORED

New dub ambient thing

Squee

Feelin this. Is your EP going to be predominantly ambient? If so, I see no problem with including this cut. If not, it still carries its worth, maybe truncate it a little. Makes me zone out, I'll tell you that. 

Beautiful. Seriously, gorgeous sounds. This immediately invoked imagery of hazy/smokey indoor footage like a scene out of one of the office locations in Blade Runner. Hard to say how it would fit with the rest of what will be on there, but it's solid as is, IMO. I'm not sure how you're going about the release, but what about the possibility of including it as a bonus track somehow? That is if you just can't decide at the end of the day.

Bottom line: I would pay money for this.

Feelin this. Is your EP going to be predominantly ambient? If so, I see no problem with including this cut. If not, it still carries its worth, maybe truncate it a little. Makes me zone out, I'll tell you that. 

Thanks, man!

So far I've got 5 tracks ready for my EP. There are two fairly ambient tracks on it, one 4/4 tune at 110, then there's a weird one that I'm not really sure will fit in with the rest, and then there's a pretty chilled tune with some slow ass rap on it. I think the tunes will end up complimenting each other... at least I hope so :)

Sweet Loscil cum Jacaszek vibes.  :music:

lol thanks!

Beautiful cello (?) and general vibe is great. Definitely enough to give you a good idea of what to expect and to show that it's decent. 

Thanks, man! 

Beautiful. Seriously, gorgeous sounds. This immediately invoked imagery of hazy/smokey indoor footage like a scene out of one of the office locations in Blade Runner. Hard to say how it would fit with the rest of what will be on there, but it's solid as is, IMO. I'm not sure how you're going about the release, but what about the possibility of including it as a bonus track somehow? That is if you just can't decide at the end of the day.

Bottom line: I would pay money for this.

Thanks, man! That means a lot! I think but I'm not 100% sure that it'll be download and on vinyl... but I'm not sure yet. I need to talk to the guy in charge of the label. But I think this tune will end up fitting in nicely. So far the EP is around 30 minutes long...

this is lush as fuck. nice work. vaguely remeniscent of murcof. 

THANKS! :D

Hehe, yeah, for some reason dub and strings go well together...

I could get lost in this. Beautiful work, seconding Alan Ord's strings compliment. Interested to hear the full version. 

Awesome! Feel free to get lost. 

Haha, I'm interested in hearing the final version as well because I think I'm kinda stuck... fuck.

But thanks for the kind comments, you guys! They mean a lot!

https://soundcloud.com/mrroque/do-you-wanna-know-what-i-really-think-teaser

New teaser from my upcoming EP... maybe. You guys help me decide, ok? Is this even worth listening? Also, keep in mind that it's just a teaser so I've cut out the beginning and end... I've cut out like 2-3 minutes ;)

the mood in this tune is so engaging. love the haunting strings and stuff....really introspective this tune. it evolves nicely over the course of the track. swell!

I can't get over the brilliant subtle pitch bending. It gives it an amazing feeling of movement, like falling backwards into a pool in slow motion.

this is lush as fuck.

Hehe, thanks ;D

Phwoar.... that big kick and the highpassed synthy detail @ 0:31!!!

Yep.

Hehehehe - yeah, I really like that kick/bass as well :)

New teaser from my upcoming EP... maybe. You guys help me decide, ok? Is this even worth listening? Also, keep in mind that it's just a teaser so I've cut out the beginning and end... I've cut out like 2-3 minutes ;)

the mood in this tune is so engaging. love the haunting strings and stuff....really introspective this tune. it evolves nicely over the course of the track. swell!

Cool! Thanks, man! 

I can't get over the brilliant subtle pitch bending. It gives it an amazing feeling of movement, like falling backwards into a pool in slow motion.

Sweet! :D And yeah, I really love my Sub Phatty which creates the majority of the bass in this tune :)

I figured out while working on this track just how useful it is to simply play along with the track. Do a couple of passes, record it, and then change the settings of your synth so you can't create the same sound again, and then edit the shit out of those takes you recorded. I really like forcing myself into accepting the stuff I just recorded and then doing my best to make it fit in with the rest of the tune.

Oh look Squee's only gone and done another other fucking incredible track again ... quelle-bloody-surprise :lol:

Have you checked out the Deepchord Presents Echospace stuff, very much in this style (possibly a little bit more dubby)

Oh look Squee's only gone and done another other fucking incredible track again ... quelle-bloody-surprise :lol:

Have you checked out the Deepchord Presents Echospace stuff, very much in this style (possibly a little bit more dubby)

lol thanks, man ;D

Yeah, that Deepchord Presents Echospace record is legendary but it's fairly old - from 2007, I think? I really liked it when I came out but I haven't listened to it since. I think I'll listen to it tomorrow while working :)

But I'm actually working on a very dubby EP as well which is more in vein of the Echospace stuff. I was waiting for some feedback today on a track I did for a commercial and while waiting I started working on a new track. Here's a snippet ;)

https://soundcloud.com/mrroque/slumberdub-snippet

Lush track!

THANKS! :D

I like this!  It reminds me of the kind of music you get on Ultimae Records.

Thanks! ;D

Hm, I don't think I know Ultimae Records but I'll definitely check out their catalogue :)

I like it a lot!

Archived