IGNORED

Slumber Dub - New Version Available

Squee

That's really nice! Early on it reminds me a bit of Tim Hecker's work under Jetone (albeit harder). The only thing I'm not a fan of is that 'click' noise; For a moment I thought it was either clipping or that something was wrong with my audio. That's a real minor nitpick, though; the production is pretty great otherwise!

That's really nice! Early on it reminds me a bit of Tim Hecker's work under Jetone (albeit harder). The only thing I'm not a fan of is that 'click' noise; For a moment I thought it was either clipping or that something was wrong with my audio. That's a real minor nitpick, though; the production is pretty great otherwise!

Thanks a lot! :)

Yeah, I think you're right about the snare-click. I'll fix it by letting it fade in ;)

And thanks for the comparison to Tim Hecker, hehe, I appreciate it! ;D

Agreed about that click in the beginning, though once the track started grooving I didn't mind it at all. Really nice work, got me dancing a bit in my chair as I fixed iTunes tags lol. Could totally see this being spun at a couple venues around here. I almost wish it were longer.

Quality Chim! Love that synth that is introduced around 4.10-ish, bit trancey. Did you work a lot with eq to have the synth parts fit together?

good stuff, you nailed this sound. i agree with others about the click and especially the distorted synth that oso mentioned above ^

you can hear it really clearly at 3:09 and it just sounds a little too harsh for the rest of the song, imo

I uploaded a new version... but I haven't fixed snare - lol. Instead I've made the track a lot slower and deeper ;D

Agreed about that click in the beginning, though once the track started grooving I didn't mind it at all. Really nice work, got me dancing a bit in my chair as I fixed iTunes tags lol. Could totally see this being spun at a couple venues around here. I almost wish it were longer.

Glad to hear that! I don't usually make "dance-able" music, but I had a lot of fun making this.

Quality Chim! Love that synth that is introduced around 4.10-ish, bit trancey. Did you work a lot with eq to have the synth parts fit together?

Chim? lol

Glad you like it! Yeah, pretty much everything has been EQ'd to death. Usually I just roll off anything I don't need, boost the stuff I like, and carve out the stuff that resonates. I'm not very good at mixing my stuff to be honest, so the FabFilterQ helps me a LOT ;) 

the reverb sounds really good on that main, repeating synth, but i think the synth would sound better if it was less distorted/clipped in some places.

i think the click sounds good as is.

Yeah, I'm wondering why it sounds so distorted in places? I think it's the filter that goes places it shouldn't. The distortion on the delay is because of the saturation that comes after the delay, which I really like.

good stuff, you nailed this sound. i agree with others about the click and especially the distorted synth that oso mentioned above ^

you can hear it really clearly at 3:09 and it just sounds a little too harsh for the rest of the song, imo

Thanks, man! Yeah, I just double checked and I'm almost sure it's the saturation on the delay that makes it so distorted. I'll fix it ;)

I hope you guys like the new version as well ;D

Slumber Dub is really good. I go through phases of listening to dub techno and this wouldn't be out of place at all with the other stuff I listen too. 

Alan Ord, on 14 Jun 2017 - 7:04 PM, said:

Slumber Dub is really good. I go through phases of listening to dub techno and this wouldn't be out of place at all with the other stuff I listen too.

Sweet! I might just have an EP up my sleeve for you ;)

It's deep, dubby, and goes absolutely nowhere.

Alan Ord, on 14 Jun 2017 - 7:04 PM, said:

Sweet! I might just have an EP up my sleeve for you ;)

It's deep, dubby, and goes absolutely nowhere.

sold

Ok, I'm gonna stop bumping this thread now, but I just wanted to add the slow version of this track that I made. It's way more dubby in a Rhythm'n'Sound-kinda-way. I almost prefer this version.

Ya, the slower version sounds great! I do prefer that version, actually. When it comes to chilled out dub, it'll usually be the case that I like the slightly slower songs on a release better.

Very nice.  Reminds me of Micronaut, maybe even Leftfield.  I guess I'm not familiar enough with that dub house sound to know how much this does or doesn't stand out from the rest of the genre...  I like it, the way I like everything else I've heard that sounds like this.  Maybe it would benefit from some kind of unique hook?

• 2 weeks later...

Ya, the slower version sounds great! I do prefer that version, actually. When it comes to chilled out dub, it'll usually be the case that I like the slightly slower songs on a release better.

Hehe, thanks! Yeah, I prefer the slow version as well :)

Remember, if you aren't doing it slow you aren't doing it right.

Very nice.  Reminds me of Micronaut, maybe even Leftfield.  I guess I'm not familiar enough with that dub house sound to know how much this does or doesn't stand out from the rest of the genre...  I like it, the way I like everything else I've heard that sounds like this.  Maybe it would benefit from some kind of unique hook?

Thanks! :)

Yeah, it could use a hook of some sort, but I was in the mood of making some fairly monotonous dub techno ;)

slow version is great :music:

Thanks! :D

I like it, the way I like everything else I've heard that sounds like this.  Maybe it would benefit from some kind of unique hook?

qft

also, you could make it even slower, the slower the better!

Haha, I think I'd have to go back and rework the entire track if I wanted to make it even slower. Even the slow version gets a tiny bit boring halfway through.

Archived