IGNORED

aphex fanboy question

Vaaler9

Aphex fanboy/addict Q. I came to the realization that I don't act this way towards literally anything else in my life. I'm not saying I dislike everything else, plenty of things I absolutely love but Aphex holds this crazy power over me. any tidbit of info I'm all in. any release, even if I don't love it, I'm buying it day one etc. Meanwhile I'm Mr. Reasonable with everything else. 

Curious if this is a lot ppls experiences here. Or do you go "all in" with other things in your life as well? 

I used to have to find anything Mike Patton was on way back in my youth. No matter what it was.

Bout' it.

Nowadays, maybe beer, but that's fading as well. Ah...the sweet embrace of apathy.

I used to have to find anything Mike Patton was on way back in my youth. No matter what it was.

Bout' it.

Nowadays, maybe beer, but that's fading as well. Ah...the sweet embrace of apathy.

this! I ever love this artist, come 2 daddy!

otherwise, i continue to collect some tracks from Richard as i collect some tracks from Mike Patton, Prince, Steinvord, Squarepusher, etc. - i'm wild, music addict...

:beer:

edit: ever hear the Mr. Bungle demos? Bowel of Chiley anyone...got em' on cassette...heh

yeah 3 cassettes in all with the vinyl Uremia EP  :spiteful:

Do u listen the version Come to Daddy by The Dillinger Escape Plan with Mike Patton? That's fantastic, it's the same thing with real instruments. Fascinating, I cry to the genius!  :w00t:

yes we all are aphex fans, what was the question again ?

I guess what I was trying to get at is the level of fandom we feel. Sure, we are fans. But in my personal experience my fandom for Aphex Twin eclipses my "fandom" for everything else. New Star Wars? I can wait a week. New album of a beloved artist? Can wait for that perfect time to listen. Where as with Aphex stuff I'm rabid... hence being a member on this forum ha. Was hoping to have a bit of a discussion on this phenomenon.. (I know I'm not the only fucking one) come on. 

Archived