IGNORED

Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Luciferian Towers (22 September 2017)

doublename

Tic9Fx4.jpg

xDMBPsF.jpg

Post-rock collective Godspeed You! Black Emperor return to another world phase of political turmoil and humanitarian crisis, with a record of their usual oblique serenade. Following the format of the two records of their modern era, it features four songs in sum and continues to rebrand them as God's Pee (make it happen). Luciferian Towers is inspired by a long list of inequalities -- "an end to foreign invasions, borders, the dismantling of the prison-industrial complex, healthcare" -- and will likely factor in as much quiet meditation as it does grandiose rock action.

Norman

Saw them in June at the centenary of the Battle of Messines, I'm going to need this album after that.

Coincidentally, a very cool and very into Godspeed dude on another forum shared the link to audio of the full show just yesterday, and I immediately relistened to it in one sitting, riveted to my desk chair.

This live set features the two new songs that have been played during live shows from about 2015-ish, Buildings and Railroads, along with another new song: 2 Nouveau Tower. The set is finished off by the full Slow Riot EP: Moya and BBF3.

----------

1. Hope Drone (0:00)

2. Buildings (11:24)

3. Railroads (26:09)

4. 2 Nouveau Tower (42:16)

5. Moya (1:05:41)

6. BBF3 (1:28:46)

Saw them in June at the centenary of the Battle of Messines, I'm going to need this album after that.Coincidentally, a very cool and very into Godspeed dude on another forum shared the link to audio of the full show just yesterday, and I immediately relistened to it in one sitting, riveted to my desk chair. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0CBFE3VwVI 

This live set features the two new songs that have been played during live shows from about 2015-ish, Buildings and Railroads, along with another new song: 2 Nouveau Tower. The set is finished off by the full Slow Riot EP: Moya and BBF3.----------1. Hope Drone (0:00)2. Buildings (11:24)3. Railroads (26:09)4. 2 Nouveau Tower (42:16)5. Moya (1:05:41)6. BBF3 (1:28:46)

I can't listen to buildings without hearing the ending of the butthole surfers version of hurdy gurdy man

https://youtube.com/watch?v=76yWZcsgwF8

A list of "grand demands" also accompanied the information about the album, including:

• an end to foreign invasion
  • an end to borders
  • the total dismantling of the prison-industrial complex
  • healthcare, housing, food and water acknowledged as an inalienable human right
  • the expert fuckers who broke this world never get to speak again

if our demands aren't met, we'll never crescendo

• 4 weeks later...

Saw them in June at the centenary of the Battle of Messines, I'm going to need this album after that.

Coincidentally, a very cool and very into Godspeed dude on another forum shared the link to audio of the full show just yesterday, and I immediately relistened to it in one sitting, riveted to my desk chair.

This live set features the two new songs that have been played during live shows from about 2015-ish, Buildings and Railroads, along with another new song: 2 Nouveau Tower. The set is finished off by the full Slow Riot EP: Moya and BBF3.

----------

1. Hope Drone (0:00)

2. Buildings (11:24)

3. Railroads (26:09)

4. 2 Nouveau Tower (42:16)

5. Moya (1:05:41)

6. BBF3 (1:28:46)

excellentttt, cheers. Buildings is beautiful.

• 1 month later...

Archived