IGNORED

Elon Musk's Starman - Is this shitty future real wtf

YO303

• 2 weeks later...

Car rental giant Hertz this morning said it would sell 20,000 of its electric vehicles to buy more internal combustion vehicles, citing expensive repairs for its EVs.

"Expenses related to collision and damage, primarily associated with EVs, remained high in the quarter, thereby supporting the Company's decision to initiate the material reduction in the EV fleet," Hertz said in a filing this morning to the SEC.

The move marks an abrupt reversal by Hertz, which in 2022 announced plans to buy 165,000 EVs from Tesla and Volvo unit Polestar.

Repairing an EV after a collision in 2022 cost about 56% more than a conventional internal combustion vehicle, per a report last year from CCC Intelligent Solutions. The wait time for such repairs was also about 25% longer with an EV.

https://www.axios.com/2024/01/11/hertz-evs-electric-vehicles-20000

elon appears to have promoted a post that said black people who go to historically black universities and colleges graduate with less worth/smarts than white people who go to big universities. 

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/elon-musk-endorses-tweet-saying-210500360.html

On 1/12/2024 at 5:49 AM, ignatius said:

elon appears to have promoted a post that said black people who go to historically black universities and colleges graduate with less worth/smarts than white people who go to big universities. 

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/elon-musk-endorses-tweet-saying-210500360.html

God the Muskites in the comments....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

"We really need the engineers to be living on the line. This is not sort of an off-the-shelf 'it-just-works' type of thing, That will be a challenging production ramp ...

We'll be sleeping on the line, practically. Not practically, we will be."

https://www.mysanantonio.com/business/article/tesla-workers-sleep-at-gigafactory-austin-18629731.php

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Nebraska said:

"We really need the engineers to be living on the line. This is not sort of an off-the-shelf 'it-just-works' type of thing, That will be a challenging production ramp ...

We'll be sleeping on the line, practically. Not practically, we will be."

https://www.mysanantonio.com/business/article/tesla-workers-sleep-at-gigafactory-austin-18629731.php

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Yeah for anyone interested in that "new Tesla model", you might wanna wait a model year or two.  The Model 3s are just now starting to come out consistently at acceptable quality, inherent faults with "gigacasted" parts notwithstanding. 

Edited by EdamAnchorman

WILMINGTON, Jan 30 (Reuters) - A Delaware judge on Tuesday ruled that Elon Musk's record-breaking $56 billion Tesla (TSLA.O), opens new tab pay package could be tossed, calling the compensation "an unfathomable sum" that was not fair to shareholders, according to a court filing. Shares of Tesla dropped 3.7% in extended trade.

"Swept up by the rhetoric of 'all upside,' or perhaps starry eyed by Musk’s superstar appeal, the board never asked the $55.8 billion question: Was the plan even necessary for Tesla to retain Musk and achieve its goals?" - Kathaleen McCormick of Delaware's Court of Chancery

• Facepalm 1

typical car review over long drives.. i time stamped it to the end where their conclusions are.. pretty funny that the edges are super sharp and can slice vegetables. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, ignatius said:

typical car review over long drives.. i time stamped it to the end where their conclusions are.. pretty funny that the edges are super shaper and can slice vegetables. 

youtube algorithm must be recommending this heavy because, i just watched it. when i got to the end, i was like "so the cybertruck is just like a tesla"

maybe musk will give these guys an exclusive to stream on X and they'll "adjust" their review accordingly

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, ignatius said:

matt tabbi.. wtf happened to that guy. used to do some solid reporting and investigative journalism type stuff. 

he got “cancelled” back in like 2018 or smth. There were complaints that he wrote misogynist (?) material during his gonzo period, basically pretty weak accusations that had a harder punch bc of the momentum of me too and the popularity of using social media to try to ruin people. I don’t think he faced any kind of material consequences or anything but it seemed like he spiraled into an all too familiar anti-woke(tm) persona directly after this which has culminated in his incredibly pathetic behavior over recent years. Many such cases. sad!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, taphead said:

He acknowledged that the shit he wrote was misogynistic so I don't know why you would be framing it like that. Because it definitely was https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN1CX0QB/

I’m not sure what you mean by framing? I was just trying to remember something that happened several years ago. Perhaps you mean my saying the accusations were “weak,” by which I simply meant compared to other accusations going around at the time, even ones that were not criminal (Louis CK). Yes, for sure the writings were misogynist as was the pop cultural zeitgeist he was tapped into at the time. 

I think bro clearly lost his mind by his pseudo-cancellation. 

• Like 1

The day musk bought twatter was the day i stopped ironyposting about fascism making a comeback and realised that it is genuinely happening 

I regret having a kid. I mean, I already did because of climate change. But more now.

Not sure what is worse, losing sleep thinking about my kid dying in near-future fash wars/violence, or thinking about her boiling to death in her own sweat in the coming superhumid heatwaves. I guess the former is theoretically a faster death?

• Like 2

Things are looking bleak, but I don't think we're that close to the breaking point. Have some hope, for your kid. Humanity can do better. 

Just look at apple vision pro and the Cybertruck. If those two alone aren't going to save the planet I don't know what is. Stupendous stuff. Just amazing. 

• Farnsworth 3