IGNORED

birds

dingformung

16 hours ago, rhmilo said:

Apparently hunting and subsequently eating herons used to be a thing. Mary of Burgundy came to an untimely end when she fell off her horse during a heron hunting party.

Personally I consider the heron to be God’s finest creation, especially the white variety (which are called egrets in English). Thanks to the miracle of climate change these are becoming more and more common over here. 

I looked up egrets and they look exactly like the birds I've seen in the Netherlands and believed to be storks, lol

4 hours ago, dingformung said:

I looked up egrets and they look exactly like the birds I've seen in the Netherlands and believed to be storks, lol

Storks have big black butts.

They’re also not as elegant.

• Like 1

Fork-tailed_Drongo_(Dicrurus_adsimilis)_

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fork-tailed_drongo

Kleptoparasitism

Observations show that the fork-tailed drongo in Africa are capable of using deceptive mimicked alarm calls to steal food from birds like pied babblers and animals such as meerkats. Tom Flower observed that fork-tailed drongos spend a quarter of their time following other animals. Drongos sometimes act as sentries when a predator is approaching, warning their neighbours with genuine alarm calls. But drongos also earn a quarter of their daily calories by sounding a false alarm when another animal finds food. When the meerkats and babblers flee from the non-existent predator, the drongo steals their food. Though in doubt, researchers have considered the possibility that these drongos possess theory of mind, not fully shown in any animal other than humans.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, timbre monke said:

Its European cousin likes to hang out near out house:

Edited by rhmilo
Its not it’s
  • Like 3