IGNORED

Waldorf Blofeld

TheBro

No, they’re encoders. I’ve looked into it as mine has issues as well and it turns out the problem is there’s too much lubricant in the encoders. The solution is to open them up, clean them up and apply lubricant again, only not as much as before.

Too much work, and I’m fairly clumsy so M4L device it is. In hindsight I should’ve just bought Largo.

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, user said:

So.... the jumpy encoders are apparently caused by encoder grease leaking onto the conductive parts. 
A fix is described here: https://www.untergeek.de/2016/01/fixing-a-waldorf-blofelds-jumpy-encoders/

So are you going to try out the fix in that article? Because if so I'd be curious as to how difficult it actually is.

9 hours ago, rhmilo said:

So are you going to try out the fix in that article? Because if so I'd be curious as to how difficult it actually is.

My encoders went back to normal of their own accord so I’ll wait a bit before trying this. 
There’s a thread on elektronauts where a few people share their experiences, unsurprisingly bending the tabs on the encoders seems to be the most harrowing part. 

Argh, can’t paste the link for some reason. It’s somewhere at the bottom of the “Blofeld love” in general gear. 

Edited by user
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, user said:

My encoders went back to normal of their own accord so I’ll wait a bit before trying this. 

Yup, in my experience they can do that. It looks like temperature (warmer = better) and simply moving the things a lot help.

Briefly.