IGNORED

Karsten Pflum - City Of Thieves EP

whosebrian

tell you what, I'm rather fed up of Furthur Electronix releasing stuff and it selling out immediately. How does anyone even know it's been released? I'm assuming Anil just has a private mailing list he announces the releases to, who then all buy it? Coz it's always sold out as soon as I look.

tell you what, I'm rather fed up of Furthur Electronix releasing stuff and it selling out immediately. How does anyone even know it's been released? I'm assuming Anil just has a private mailing list he announces the releases to, who then all buy it? Coz it's always sold out as soon as I look.

Yeah its Facebook, somewhere no one would ever look. Seriously though, some of it is good but most of it is a fever pitch hype he’s created by doing hyper limited vinyl releases and cultivating this little audience on Facebook around that. If you don’t happen to be free the moment the thing goes on sale, its like popular show tix. Gone in mins.

He’ll say stuff like “One per customer please. Give others a chance.” Fool YOU give others a chance by doing decent pressing amounts and digital!

Yeah its Facebook, somewhere no one would ever look. Seriously though, some of it is good but most of it is a fever pitch hype he’s created by doing hyper limited vinyl releases and cultivating this little audience on Facebook around that. If you don’t happen to be free the moment the thing goes on sale, its like popular show tix. Gone in mins.

He’ll say stuff like “One per customer please. Give others a chance.” Fool YOU give others a chance by doing decent pressing amounts and digital!

Yeah I saw that it was Facebook shortly after I posted that.

Other comments include things like: "There will be enough for everyone". But there never is.

Can't blame him for hyping his records well, though.

A subscription service would be a better idea. I mean, it practically is that anyway.

It's not a big surprise when they get put on sale. If you have an interest in getting them, it doesn't take much effort. most of their releases go through subwax now in editions of 200-300 or more, but he keeps certain ones as limited editions. Sometimes it's the artist's decision. 

5IJacZv.png

I cant be on facebook all day, any chance of repress?

Yeah you'd have to go to Anil's facebook all the time, keep refreshing to see if there are any new updates on his releases. Easy, but annoying to have to do. And no, I don't think there will be a repress.

• 4 months later...
On 2/13/2019 at 4:38 PM, eh Speedy said:

Honestly, if he gets away with it, why not? Good job, I'd say

Archived