On 12/20/2023 at 2:21 PM, zero said:

why? there's still like 30-50% of the country supporting them, despite all the immature clown shit they say and do. the GOP can still afford to go even further off the crazy train rails, and literally half the country will still touch the R button on the voting booth screen.

the GOP cowers to trump because the GOP is weak and needs his loonies.

• either trump's federal coup trial will complete before the election or not
    • if the trial concludes before then, either he will be convicted or not
      • if convicted, the GOP has a poor election year
  • either trump's federal espionage trial happens before the election or not
    • if the trial happens before, either he will be convicted or not
      • if convicted, the GOP has a poor election year
  • either the georgia coup trial will have started before the election or not
    • if the georgia trial has started, it will be ongoing, leading up to and during the election, and that will hurt GOP turnout
  • either trump will get the nomination or not
    • the GOP may realize that they're going toward the iceberg and change course, though that's unlikely. if they do, either trump runs 3rd party or he doesn't. 
      • if he runs 3rd party then the GOP and him do poorly in the election
      • if he doesn't then the GOP does poorly in the election because the trump loonies aren't showing up and the GOP is weak
  • if he's not indicted federally for his coup, and if he's not indicted federally for willful retention of national defense info, and if he's not in the middle of a 6 month trial in georgia for his coup during the election, and if he's not disqualified by the supreme court for his assault on the capital, and if he gets the nomination, then there will be a lot of activism to prevent the threat of his election

there are some scary futures, but there are multiple futures where the GOP just doesn't do well.

we're in this weird moment, and one thing that will force people to talk to each-other is the election. the election could be the forcing function that resolves some cognitive dissonance from the conversation. the GOP could be better off taking a loss by going with Nikki but changing course toward sanity. or maybe Nikki would even win.

Edited by trying to be less rude
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ignatius said:

i think it's hard to predict..

oh yes

i think a lot of the push back on republicans is abortion issue.

yes, this is also a force working against them.

climate is another reason why it is urgent to send republicans home.

it's also worth noting that the GOP did worse than they hoped in 2018, 2020, and 2022

getting average person who doesn't pay too much attention to details to read past the headlines and into the details is always a tall task.

of course. one thing that forces sense through the membrane is dire need of avoiding an unimaginably dangerous authoritarian US overthrow. the futures i see are either: highly motivated left, or a weak right.

economic issues seem to be on the front burner for most people... getting them to understand the economy at all is a tough task..

info currents can shift radically in the modern world. election season getting facts out in the main lines will help.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, trying to be less rude said:

the GOP could be better off taking a loss by going with Nikki but changing course toward sanity. or maybe Nikki would even win.

this is best case scenario. your first point about GOP cowering to trump's loonies is of course the massive hurdle in the way here. but yeah, I'm in the anyone but trump camp, and would be thankful if someone like Haley can swing the party back into a somewhat more sane version of itself. if we are stuck with this 2 party system in this country, then we need to have both sides as close to equal as possible IMO. having one side play parent, while the other behaves like a screaming toddler, is not fundamentally healthy for governance.

but I do believe that as long as trump's alive, he will continue to be a thorn in the side of GOP sanity. so possibly 20 more years of this crap... and then there's the scenario that GOP continues to become so infested with loonies with or without him, there is no course back to sanity. nonsensical, juvenile behavior in politics has been normalized for almost a decade now. we're all getting more and more used to it, despite recognizing how flawed it has become. and that is truly a scary scenario - social acceptance of fanaticism.

• Like 1

about time:

Just in: Biden issues a full and unconditional pardon for all US citizens or permanent residents who has committed or (federally) convicted of simple possession of marijuana, which can often pose barriers to employment, housing, or education.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/presidential-actions/2023/12/22/a-proclamation-on-granting-pardon-for-the-offense-of-simple-possession-of-marijuana-attempted-simple-possession-of-marijuana-or-use-of-marijuana/

• Like 2

On 12/21/2023 at 7:26 AM, fumi said:

I don't believe Trump's numbers. I don't think he'll even get the nomination.

• Farnsworth 1

7 hours ago, Squee said:

I am deeply fascinated by the Epstein documents.

Stephen. Hawking.

image.png

did a beta version of chatGPT write that?

one galling episode from trump's presidency was when he fired US attorney Geoffrey Berman, who was about to indict ghislaine. berman, anticipating that a stooge would replace him, went public about the inappropriate firing, and only quieted down when bill barr agreed to replace berman with his own deputy. one week later, berman's former office, led by berman's former deputy, indicted maxwell

https://www.vox.com/2020/6/22/21298917/geoffrey-berman-sdny-fired-barr 

i want to know who the "owner of a large hotel chain" was that maxwell directed giuffre to have sex with

OAHTIGVTJAI6TLGIDWCHXLGKOM.jpg

from 2002:

image.png.3a485521792bcd7293b4ef189dbef6ba.png

do you know where epstein found virginia giuffre? mar a lago. she worked there

shortly after maxwell was indicted, trump said through the press that he wishes her well

On 1/4/2024 at 9:46 AM, Squee said:

I am deeply fascinated by the Epstein documents.

Stephen. Hawking.

image.png

He was known to frequent strip clubs a lot 🤷‍♂️ 

3 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

Not you too, Ed!

list_1.JPG

list_2.JPG

there's a lot of stories about epstein. a lot of people have been to his place for one reason or another.. sounds a lot of it was curiosity and opportunity.