9 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

was curious about the tucker interview (with putin) but i didn't want to waste time watching it, so i sought commentary:

X8MCKVy.png

waste of time: averted!

1qv98m0xbdhc1.jpeg?width=1024&auto=webp&

• Haha 4

there's definitely nothing wrong with his cognition, anyone could confuse Mexico and Egypt.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, ignatius said:

1qv98m0xbdhc1.jpeg?width=1024&auto=webp&

I watched the entire interview, all 2 hours and 7 minutes, thought it was interesting. Obviously you cannot take anything that Putin says at face value, but I feel like it's pretty difficult to argue with what he says about Americans in this clip

• Like 2
  • Farnsworth 1

30 minutes ago, decibal cooper said:

I watched the entire interview, all 2 hours and 7 minutes, thought it was interesting. Obviously you cannot take anything that Putin says at face value, but I feel like it's pretty difficult to argue with what he says about Americans in this clip

curious to read/hear some takes on the interview this weekend, doubt i'll be watching anything but clips but props on that one posted for starters.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, usagi said:

there's definitely nothing wrong with his cognition, anyone could confuse Mexico and Egypt.

he was obviously talking about egypt and simply said the wrong word. when you talk enough you say the wrong word sometimes. you can even see why, he was talking about a border and associates it with the us border which is used as a political weapon. it happens to everyone. it means nothing. there is nothing wrong with his cognition. 

2 hours ago, trying to be less rude said:

he was obviously talking about egypt and simply said the wrong word. when you talk enough you say the wrong word sometimes. you can even see why, he was talking about a border and associates it with the us border which is used as a political weapon. it happens to everyone. it means nothing. there is nothing wrong with his cognition. 

listen, I hate to break this to you, but no matter how much you worship him on this board, you will never actually get to suck his dick. it's better to face this now rather than later.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 2/9/2024 at 9:39 PM, usagi said:

listen, I hate to break this to you, but no matter how much you worship him on this board, you will never actually get to suck his dick. it's better to face this now rather than later.

i would hug him

benevolent grandpa elected leader ♥

Dark_Brandon_obmxjz

Edited by trying to be less rude

2 hours ago, trying to be less rude said:

i would hug him.

if you wash your hair with something pleasantly fragrant you might get a longer hug since he'll take a little extra time sniffing your hair. 😉

• Haha 2

On 2/9/2024 at 1:46 AM, usagi said:

This is true. Theyre both tinted yellow in films

• Big Brain 1

I always thought that Jon Stewart was kinda limp-dicked comedy-wise and had spearheaded the complete dissolution of hard hitting satire in American entertainment, but I caught a few clips from his revamped Daily Show, and there was definitely some funny stuff in there. I watched a clip that begins in this episode at the 11:30 mark, might circle back and check out the full episode.

• Like 2

i'm fucking amazed how people are sharing bad takes for likes that could result in a deeply fucked dystopia in the next 1 year. 

all the hot takers criticizing the dems for not having strong messaging don't realize that they are the messagers and they are fucking up the dem messaging

including jon fucking stewart. i grew up on the guy but i can't help but notice in recent years he's looking thirsty and his shit isn't landing. now here he is cashing in some cheap likes that will demobilize dem turnout

let me tell you about this election. it's a mobilization election. it's about not splitting the anti-trump vote, and it's about mobilizing the biden voters. if you don't like that, fist your ass. that's how it is. 

biden's fucking great and that's not even bs. people's minds are fucked and they can't handle someone saying the wrong word without bringing about armaggeddon. we're fucked

the guy says the wrong word and jon stewart can't resist amplifying the fox narrative that he's senile

the guy hugs someone and ignatius can't resist amplifying the disinfo narrative that he smells hair

smart people are falling into the modern traps and they don't know they have fishing line hanging out of their mouths

holy fuck we're fucked. and it's not because of biden, biden is a better elected official than most. it's because the minds of the voters are fucked

enjoy pretending you know shit you don't know. these attractive tricks were designed for you to enjoy and you're enjoying them. jesus christ. 

Edited by trying to be less rude
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, trying to be less rude said:

i'm fucking amazed how people are sharing bad takes for likes 

really? you're surprised?

dude.. the hair thing is a joke. c'mon. also, how am i amplifying any narrative here on WATMM? i'm not out on the internet with millions of followers or some shit. 

we're in a tiny sand box here.. this isn't twitter. 

edit: srsly man.. get ahold of yourself. don't panic. a handful of people here on watmm making jokes and having opinions/discussions and sharing memes isn't going to amplify any narrative in a way that changes anything in the wider world of american presidential/electoral politics.

i'd argue it's going to be the same story as every election. people will vote the party line and a bunch of stupid undecided voters who are mostly uninformed jagoffs will sway the win one way or another by a few percentage points. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 1

On 10/20/2023 at 12:16 PM, trying to be less rude said:

i know what you mean. you've got to assess on a case by case basis whether and how to engage. definitely some people at some times are dangerous and should be left alone. and some people are toward the dense and hopeless end of the spectrum. 

one thing about brainwashing is that it can be a step on the way to war. you say "seems to me we're past that point" and this the reasoning in the minds of people who become willing to resort to deadly violence. this is a really unfortunate place to be in. we should keep this is in mind as a motivator to find opportunities to move the ball forward where we can. you don't have to win each battle with each person, it is enough to just move the ball forward some amount. and really this is the better approach, which is recommended when dealing with cult members: not too confrontational. ask questions and sincerely listen. sharing a single piece of information can help. especially if it is relevant, significant, and well supported. try to find a piece of information that the person would find interesting. some things are just interesting, and not too objectionable, but can help people think in a better direction.

i say doing god's work jokingly, and as a way of saying that this is the frontline, and this is where the work of improving society occurs.

i say it's unfortunate that we're forced to debate because it is so difficult and painful. and yeah in some cases it's not appropriate. and i am talking about a very large time frame. we are in a 100 year crucible. it's important to remember that the more conflict we can resolve through debate, the less conflict energy will manifest as force

certainly people are being played against each-other. there is no doubt about this. existing fissures in society are exploited. prigozhin's Internet Research Agency easily manipulated americans with things like racism

1 hour ago, trying to be less rude said:

i'm fucking amazed how people are sharing bad takes for likes that could result in a deeply fucked dystopia in the next 1 year. 

all the hot takers criticizing the dems for not having strong messaging don't realize that they are the messagers and they are fucking up the dem messaging

including jon fucking stewart. i grew up on the guy but i can't help but notice in recent years he's looking thirsty and his shit isn't landing. now here he is cashing in some cheap likes that will demobilize dem turnout

let me tell you about this election. it's a mobilization election. it's about not splitting the anti-trump vote, and it's about mobilizing the biden voters. if you don't like that, fist your ass. that's how it is. 

biden's fucking great and that's not even bs. people's minds are fucked and they can't handle someone saying the wrong word without bringing about armaggeddon. we're fucked

the guy says the wrong word and jon stewart can't resist amplifying the fox narrative that he's senile

the guy hugs someone and ignatius can't resist amplifying the disinfo narrative that he smells hair

smart people are falling into the modern traps and they don't know they have fishing line hanging out of their mouths

holy fuck we're fucked. and it's not because of biden, biden is a better elected official than most. it's because the minds of the voters are fucked

enjoy pretending you know shit you don't know. these attractive tricks were designed for you to enjoy and you're enjoying them. jesus christ. 

it's impressive how you shift from enlightened wonk on the frontline of crucial debate, to the minds of voters are fucked go fist your ass. 

i honestly recommend spending less time online, brother. 

• Like 4