• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, dr lopez said:

i should do that.... they were pretty good but not excellent. last excellent MBM was autoimmune imo

Very much agree, and that was my favorite since Subliminal Sandwich. I haven't cared much for what followed Autoimmune. Maybe haven't listened enough, but all kinda sounded like more of the same. The 2.2 EP from 2015 was nice though.

8 hours ago, dr lopez said:

i should do that.... they were pretty good but not excellent. last excellent MBM was autoimmune imo

hmm interesting. that whole stretch of post subliminal sangwhich albums was a weird journey. lots of interesting stuff but for me nothing really stood out as an immersive album from start to finish until 'impossible star.' it's such a tight collection of stuff and has a definite *vibe* that i've missed for so many years. 'opaque couche' was extremely good as well imo. my whole relationship to mbm is tough to express bc subliminal is not only my fave mbm but also probably my fave album of all time so every album after that one and its accompanying singles has been...idk, just weird for me in some way. 

he is untouchable in so many ways, an absolute king of production. even the stuff i don't really vibe with just sounds insanely good. 

• Like 3