My favorite track on In Dub is Happiness Supreme Dub which was basically just a sample skit on RUOK.

Vintage Jack sample work on this one. And great scratches.

Edit: just realized Sweepstakes posted above

Edited by Extralife
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Extralife said:

Honestly though - Satyricon and Actual Sounds are also near perfect albums.

Satyricon is where it's at for me. I love Storm the Studio, Armed Audio Warfare, and 99% but Satyricon is the one whose samples have stuck in my mind since long ago. Subliminal Sandwich would be next, quite enjoyed that one as a teenager too. I remember my CD case being all scratched up from scraping a razor blade over it many nights in the car. Actual Sounds + Voices, RUOK?, and Autoimmune are solid but I spent less time with them, having diversified my interests at those points in life. The rest just don't do much for me...perhaps in part due to lack of replay.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sidewinder said:

Satyricon is where it's at for me. I love Storm the Studio, Armed Audio Warfare, and 99% but Satyricon is the one whose samples have stuck in my mind since long ago. Subliminal Sandwich would be next, quite enjoyed that one as a teenager too. I remember my CD case being all scratched up from scraping a razor blade over it many nights in the car. Actual Sounds + Voices, RUOK?, and Autoimmune are solid but I spent less time with them, having diversified my interests at those points in life. The rest just don't do much for me...perhaps in part due to lack of replay.

this ^

Actual Sounds really needs a reassessment 22 years later. An epic up there with their best.

I think the Matrix inclusion caused people to not really dig deeper into this album, because “set me free” sample turned them off. Their loss.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

so much of electronic music is about aliens and its unique position in creating "otherworldly sounds" by way of the instrumentation ala day the earth stood still, jeff mills alien oriented music, early orb etc. 

listening to Electric People is like the UFO conspiracy theorists making the music instead of the aliens themselves. even better.

what then is the use of them praying...

Edited by dr lopez

On 1/29/2021 at 12:55 AM, dr lopez said:

so much of electronic music is about aliens and its unique position in creating "otherworldly sounds" by way of the instrumentation ala day the earth stood still, jeff mills alien oriented music, early orb etc. 

listening to Electric People is like the UFO conspiracy theorists making the music instead of the aliens themselves. even better.

what then is the use of them praying...

there's a whole backyard full of people there, you don't hear any chanting?

we don't chant

24 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:

there's a whole backyard full of people there, you don't hear any chanting?

we don't chant

we don't chant

On 12/26/2020 at 6:58 PM, Rubin Farr said:

Holy shit! thank you.