IGNORED

Ae or folk music?

Hi guys,

I am old. I'm 47. On the Ae boat since day one.
So when I soon... erm, almost soon... live in an old peoples home.

What music will I (be forced to) listen? Traditional folk music?

Will me and my buddies sit in their wheelchair and sing Gantz Graf on mutual christmas events?

Will my sexy nurse hate Ae?

Questions.

watmm pls

i can think of a few autechre tracks that are already folksy goodness.

i'm thinkin corc, which is basically a wistful stand up bass player and a banjoman with some guy bangin on a box drum.

we got known(1) which is a medieval bard's ballad played on a zither and lute and one of those weird flutes that they played with their nose or some shit

you got maphive 6.1 which is like the local village's marching band doing a little ditty to honor local fallen comrade Corporal Flep, may he rest in peace. the windchimes represent his spirit that lives among us after the gonk wars.

pir is a classic country ballad played underwater. just imagine the dolphins singing forlorn lyrics over the bittersweet melody.

you got key nell which is just some yokels fuckin around with a cello and a washboard

coenc3 is actually literally a drumline track they stole from some black college in georgia. basically folk

i'm going to continue this, just to let you know. just gonna post so you can soak it up now cuz i know you are all thirsty dogs

Yup, and Cloudline is funk.

But c'mon guys, how many people around you weirdos are listening to Ae? BoC? Exm (he's awesome)? Ic3peak, Shostakovich?. OK, they are not 100% IDM...
Zero? Minus zero? Here there's even minus zero times sixtyten.
Well realistically people of my age will be surrounded by old people listening and singing to stuff when I was younger like A-Ha, Roxette etc. or newer artists like Ed Sheeran. 

BADTIEMS AHAED

On 12/14/2019 at 11:45 AM, MIXL2 said:

their next album will be a classic country album, made using their digital baenjos.

sean will sing (pls)

pls

On 12/14/2019 at 8:57 AM, Wurstwasser said:

Is it a registered nurse?

It won't matter much anyway, cause we'll all be deaf by then.

Visuals is where it's at for old people. Except if they're going blind first, if course.

Yeah, I'm gonna miss music 

That high frequency beep in the beginning of piezo is already past for me ? Can't remember, measured the frequency once. 15kHz or maybe a bit less. But gone for me.

Pretty sure every generation eventually settles upon Frank Sinatra's "I Did It My Way" as their goto old man jam.  Whether or not you grew up with it is irrelevant.  Grampas gravitate towards that song like moths to a flame.  We won't be any different.

4 hours ago, Stickfigger said:

We will only  listen in awe as the earth burns and mother nature gets fucked by her demented offspring 

earth will b fine

only thing heard will be the choir of our extinction, earth n nature will keep spinning until the sun eats em up innit

AE will do a 27 minute folk song with bluegrass excursions and everyone on this forum will be surprised, except for yours truly. I seen it comin a mile away

On 12/18/2019 at 8:24 AM, Candiru said:

AE will do a 27 minute folk song with bluegrass excursions and everyone on this forum will be surprised, except for yours truly. I seen it comin a mile away

must be listened to in a rickety rocking chair, chewing on a piece of straw whilst looking over your cornfield

On 12/14/2019 at 8:57 AM, Wurstwasser said:

Hi guys,

I am old. I'm 47. On the Ae boat since day one.
So when I soon... erm, almost soon... live in an old peoples home.

What music will I (be forced to) listen? Traditional folk music?

Will me and my buddies sit in their wheelchair and sing Gantz Graf on mutual christmas events?

Questions.

watmm pls

I'm sure in 30 years old people homes will have LAN and oldies playing Multiplayer Doom and Quake for old time sakes. You'll be rocking AE in the background. ;D

Archived