IGNORED

Discogs deal goes awry

YEK

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol just look at this:

Me:

Hello brother! Is it possible to send me a small sample from each and every song from this record? I'd truly appreciate it! Thanks in advance! Peace!

Jerk:

Hello, First I am not and I won't be your brother. Second, I don't have time to sample a NM record. It is as stated, playing like a NM record should. Would it be G+ or VG, I could possibly do it. All the best

Me:

Don't need to be rude, I am sorry if I offended you, it wasn't my intention, I must have been mistaken cause I thought I'd bought from you before... My request was not to check the quality of the record but to check which songs are on it. Once again, sorry to bother you, all the best!

57 minutes ago, yekker said:

So duder said he's going to give me a bad user review... Haven't gotten back to him yet.

don't worry yek, you can also give him a bad review right? he has the right to do that... doesn't mean he's not an asshole...

2 hours ago, Tim_J said:

don't worry yek, you can also give him a bad review right? he has the right to do that... doesn't mean he's not an asshole...

He hasn't reviewed me yet but I threatened him saying I'd do it right back :cisfor:

So much drama maybe i should stick to the local record store.

I'd just suck it up really, he's in the right even if he's probably already wasted more of his own time here than you ever did. I mean are other sellers even going to care about one negative feedback on your profile?

If you retaliate, he sounds like just the type who would try and get your feedback (and possibly your buyer privileges) removed. Not even remotely worth it.

I Placed An Order, Then Decided I Didn’t Want It. Now I Have Negative Feedback. What Can I Do About This?

On 3/7/2020 at 10:53 PM, yekker said:

So duder said he's going to give me a bad user review... Haven't gotten back to him yet.

He's an arsehole then. I wouldn't worry too much about getting a bad review. Sellers have an option to automatically decline transactions with anyone below a certain percentage of positive feedback but I doubt many sellers use that function.

I've found you can usually tell who is a prick if you click into their seller terms and they've used the word timewaster, something about how all sales are final, and maybe some anecdote about being messed about. No point in buying anything off those cunts.

PS here's my store if anyone wants to buy some complete shite from the 80s from me

https://www.discogs.com/seller/NHF/profile

3 hours ago, Amen Warrior said:

He's an arsehole then. I wouldn't worry too much about getting a bad review. Sellers have an option to automatically decline transactions with anyone below a certain percentage of positive feedback but I doubt many sellers use that function.

I've found you can usually tell who is a prick if you click into their seller terms and they've used the word timewaster, something about how all sales are final, and maybe some anecdote about being messed about. No point in buying anything off those cunts.

PS here's my store if anyone wants to buy some complete shite from the 80s from me

https://www.discogs.com/seller/NHF/profile

Word. Like a bitch with baggage, stay clear.

2 days ago:

failing to read the seller terms before choosing to buy is hardly an acceptable reason for cancelling.
The terms are there for a reason, so you dont waste the sellers time.

1 day ago:

so, you didnt actually find a better deal, just you didnt read my terms, correct?
It really doesnt matter if you found a better deal or not, regardless

30 minutes ago, yekker said:

2 days ago:

failing to read the seller terms before choosing to buy is hardly an acceptable reason for cancelling.
The terms are there for a reason, so you dont waste the sellers time.

1 day ago:

so, you didnt actually find a better deal, just you didnt read my terms, correct?
It really doesnt matter if you found a better deal or not, regardless

It's a love & hate relationship now... 

Ok so the subject matter of this thread is going to change

But im now dealing with a big problem

My tango n vectif just arrived. The cover is supposed to be very good plus and it's worn to fuck

The records themselves should be very good but there huge visible scratch marks in it.

What can I do?

14 minutes ago, yekker said:

Naw man, but I feel like I've been cheated here. There's nothing "very good" with any of this.

yeah some times those gradings are pretty mischievous... i received a record stated as good or very good with a ripped cover with a signature on it... the guy didn't even apologized just said something like feel free to return it... i was like, i don't wanna return it, i'll have to spend money on shipping and shit, i'd just like you to be honest, he replied the same, feel free to return it... i obviously left him negative feedback, and i guess he did the same... water under the bridge...

Boy, oh boy, that went awry!

One time I received a record that was listed as "very good" but was in fact only "good". I was slightly disappointed but didn't say anything. Maybe I should have, though. You can't let these crooks get away with this sort of fraud, otherwise they'll never learn it

Well the guy is nice enough.  Said that he had more than one copy and maybe a mix up.

So now I decide if i want the money back or possibly another bad condition shipment. 

i prefer discogs for it's focus on selling just music, but i would prefer it if i could define the weight of packaging so it could be accounted for when setting up shipping rates for buyers. this would avoid the situation of people placing orders and having to wait for it to be weighed and set, thus no "you showed some interest, you must buy" scenarios. also, no failure to checkout from uncertainty.

Archived