IGNORED

Aleksi Perälä - Spectrum 0/1/2/3/4/5/6/7

19 hours ago, Alcofribas said:

Yeah it’s pretty amazing shit, especially considering he basically doesn’t even use synths for any of this. Whatever one might think of colundi as a spiritual zone it clearly coincides with aleksi going into uncharted realms of lushness. 

Has he explained anywhere what sound sources he is using for this stuff? I know it's all built out of sine waves but I'm curious what specific tools he's using to combine them. Whatever it is he's getting a very rich sound palette out of such a simple model.

Just now, kuniklo said:

Has he explained anywhere what sound sources he is using for this stuff? I know it's all built out of sine waves but I'm curious what specific tools he's using to combine them. Whatever it is he's getting a very rich sound palette out of such a simple model.

from what i've read he says he samples raw sine and saw waves set to the required frequencies into logic and uses a software sampler to play them, but yeah i've not heard what oscillators he's using as a source though or what specific sampler he uses. Obviously he also uses drum machine samples in a lot of tracks too. there's a ama over at gearslutz where he basically just avoids being specific and this is generally what i've found in interviews.

this mofo is like seymour hersch - he never reveals his sources

In a time when you can just by Komplete and have like 5 million professional presets I find it really surprising and refreshing that some of my favorite electronic music is built from such simple materials.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kuniklo said:

In a time when you can just by Komplete and have like 5 million professional presets I find it really surprising and refreshing that some of my favorite electronic music is built from such simple materials.

yeah I think it’s really cool that he’s broken the sound down to more basic elements and reconstructed it in a genuinely unique and exciting way.