IGNORED

Early Drexciya catalogue re-issue

Berk

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i wonder if the Shifted Phases album will have the proper version of Flux or not

Looking at the track times on the back cover it appears so, but that isn't a guarantee of course. Amazing they didn't do a proper CD version back in the day.

Still trying to complete these series. If anyone can hook me up with one of these, let me know:

- Abstract Thought (CD or vinyl)

- Grava 4 (CD or vinyl)

- The Transllusion EP's

I'd also still like the Harnessed The Storm, Opening of the Celebral Gate and Other People Place album on vinyl, but that's not really realistic unfortunately.

Guest nene multiple assgasms

i wonder if the Shifted Phases album will have the proper version of Flux or not

you mean instead of song of the green whale? good question.

Guest nene multiple assgasms

what else would he mean

just clarifying for people who didn't know about the discrepancy between the track listing and contents of the cd.

Guest Hanratty

Neptune's Lair is really good. Other People Place is great. But don't you think there are some really bad Drexciya tracks?

Neptune's Lair is really good. Other People Place is great. But don't you think there are some really bad Drexciya tracks?

Let me quote DMX Krew here:

their leftover rejects are a hundred times better than most people’s best work.

Ok, not really so but yeah, they do have a fair bit of just 'ok' or average tracks, not really bad. Drexciya III EP on Submerge has by far the most fillers / average tracks.

I do not dislike one track from the entire storm series though.

I do not dislike one track from the entire storm series though.

If I actually think hard about how lush and totally weird the entire storm series is I go off into a Drexciya mind-hole for like 10 minutes being like, what the FUCK…?!?

RIP that dude

Been trying to listen to the whole storm series the past few weeks. Think I've almost got it, but could somebody list all the albums in it for me?? :)

They (clone?) shouldn't have released those unreleased Drexciya tracks on that Journey of the deep sea dweller series, they're pretty mediocre in the end. There's probably a reason why they were unreleased, but everyone's hyping the fuck out of them of course.

Don't get me wrong, I love Drexciya. But everyone produces mediocre stuff sometimes and that's when you (should) mostly decide not to release it.

Lots of people seem to be all over Drexciya for that "cool, underground, water, ninja" thing. And while tracks like Bang Bang are pretty fun and cool, their best tracks are the deep ones (Under Sea Disturbances, Bubble Metropolis etc.), and those ones get overlooked it seems.

Ok, I feel kind of ashamed but ecstatic at the same time, I've never heard this amazing Drexciya track before: the real version of Flux!

It seems many CD copies (if not all) of the Shifted Phases album were mispressed with the final track "Flux" replaced with "Song of the Green Whale" from Harnessed The Storm. This is Flux.

Ok, I feel kind of ashamed but ecstatic at the same time, I've never heard this amazing Drexciya track before: the real version of Flux!

It seems many CD copies (if not all) of the Shifted Phases album were mispressed with the final track "Flux" replaced with "Song of the Green Whale" from Harnessed The Storm. This is Flux.

What the fuuu. i wasn't aware of this. what a treat, great track!!

What the fuuu. i wasn't aware of this. what a treat, great track!!

Around 1 minute in, when those chords come in, bliss

Archived