IGNORED

Black Mirror

YO303

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rafe's an actor of all seasons. The new Simon Callow in his own mind.

But don't let Derek Jacobi get a whiff of that ... eddy redmayne

...Sorry i was just thesping out there.

only bad thing was the actress who played the cookie girl. she was fucking rubbish

haha i've hung out with her on a couple of occasions,didn't know who she was the first occasion.. we took fuckloads of mdma and i thought i was just being paranoid and going mental,thinking people were taking photos of us and watching us. was such a weird day

fuckin famous-ish people

ralf spall was very good i thought. way better than all of season 2 which was v.disappointing after the brilliant season1.

only bad thing was the actress who played the cookie girl. she was fucking rubbish

Didn't know he was Timothy's lad.

I thought it was one of the best too. Up there with the prime minister fucking a pig one.

Jesus christ this show is more unsettling than any horror flick I've seen.

Only watched the 1st & 3rd eps (pig fucking & rewindable memory timelines) but they had such an effect on me that I'm taking a break before I watch any more. I even had to pause the 3rd ep halfway through and take a walk because it was so hard to stomach in how plausible it is and how much you can already see this in the current world with Facebook stalking & what have you.

It's so good & relevant I want to watch more, but I might have to do one episode a week to not do some serious psyche damage.

spoilers ahead...

the special was really good but quite flawed as well conceptually as it asks the viewers for a serious leap of faith, more so than in previous episodes as far as i remember, which kinda shifts the whole thing from the usually strong "society and technology critique" to pure sci-fi. i mean for a pretty big portion of the time we are forced to accept that the consciousness copy is plausible and it's a life like a life of any other human being, and then we are even forced to identify with it. it was very well made and clever but it it's just too far out to be used as some relevant critique of something, that element of the episode at least.

spoilers continues...

i don't get why would someone make a copy of himself so that that copy would "work" for him? maybe i didn't understand that bit... if there's no logical explanation for that than i guess the idea could have been a lot more explored in a way better way, not to mention that the egg and cookie idea probably come directly from these series:

at one time i thought the main message behind the slave girl copy was that humans need to be told what to do or else they have no purpose for living, but it didn't extrapolate that way...

and why would the copy not remember its last hours, why did it need to be introduced to what it was?

but yeah at the same time lots of angst claustrophobia feelings came up and it was pretty ok for it...

What I wanna know is, how does your virtual copy put the bread in the toaster, eh? Answer me that!

at times i thought they were connected, like, wtf, forget it, it doesn't make sense...

I can see how she could be connected to the toaster - but she'd also need to be connected to some sort of machine that chucks bread out of the cupboard, into the toaster, which would be technology gone MAD.

I can see how she could be connected to the toaster - but she'd also need to be connected to some sort of machine that chucks bread out of the cupboard, into the toaster, which would be technology gone MAD

lol i didn't thought she was somehow connected with the toaster, lol, i thought both irl and copy were connected, but yeah that makes sense, it's a digital program it could be connected to anything, still, doesn't explain how digital bread comes alive...

btw, i think i've seen something like that on some movie, some inventor kid, that would connect his alarm clock to whatever and it started making breakfast, something like this:

incrmac3.jpg

Guest AmlisVess

just seen "White Christmas" ... wow Brooker is really pessimistic about the future of the justice system isn't he? This and that woman who was chased around in the S2 episode "White Bear" .. absolutely chilling...give me a regular prison cell anyday!

I'd put this Christmas special just below "15 Million Merits" and "The Waldo Moment"

Just bumping this thread to say this is the best show I've seen in recent memory. Only 2 eps left I haven't watched, but I already rate it above the other brilliance I've seen this year (Fargo, True Detective). Christmas special was just brilliant and made me think of this.

Definitely not a show you can binge-watch all at once. It's so dense with ideas (and often harrowing) that I need a few hours of unwind & processing time between each episode.

never saw this show until last night and I was pleasantly surprised the first episode was basically a 'horror' version of The Thick of It, they even had cameos from some of the cast of that show. Looking forward to episode 2

What I wanna know is, how does your virtual copy put the bread in the toaster, eh? Answer me that!

if there was an exact copy of ones consciousness, there might be some quantum crosstalk, so it might end up that your cloned neural network might make you sleepwalk and load the toaster.

:braindance:

• 8 months later...

There's no mention of Channel 4 there. Has Netflix grabbed the rights for this in the same way Amazon grabbed Peaky Blinders from the BBC? Could be it's just a shit article, certainly the bit in brackets in the headline would suggest so. Shannon Miller, very poor writing there.

Archived