IGNORED

How do you feel about this "Vinyl Factory" trend

chassis

"Well, do know that Global Communication are teaming up with The Vinyl Factory to release a series of limited edition vinyl releases this Autumn, including remixes by Lone and Photek alongside their own new edits of classic GC tracks. Keep eyes and ears peeled for those; we’ll let you know when we have more details." - 2011

this never fucking happened.

• 4 months later...

£150 on what sounds like an insanely out of tune remix of Voodoo Ray anyone ?! -

http://www.vfeditions.com/product/view/152

Apparently it's 'new dancefloor-orientated remix' as opposed to the original that was for erm, car rental receptions

https://soundcloud.com/thevinylfactory/jeremy-deller-voodoo-ray

Guest jasondonervan

^ good grief, that is a shocker... and to ask £150 for it! I'm with Gerald, turning my nose well and truly up at it.

guy-called-gerald-title.jpg

Guest Ron Manager

I'm pleased to see that the £200 ultra-limited Air album is still in stock.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I am fed up by these limited edition boolshit. Böömkart is one fine example how you can run your bizznizz on some weekly album of the week threads and limited selling out stuff. Remember, only stuff that sells out is good stuff.

But sheeples are everywhere.

I am fed up by these limited edition boolshit. Böömkart is one fine example how you can run your bizznizz on some weekly album of the week threads and limited selling out stuff. Remember, only stuff that sells out is good stuff.

But sheeples are everywhere.

boomkat is hilarious in this way. often the front page will use up the little space for album description (like "killer Detroit-style minimal techno 12"") with nothing but a description of the physical features of the limited edition ("strictly limited bespoke clamshell cum-drenched hand-stamped embossed laser-etched fuccia wax").

then of course everything on there is essential so one should just buy everything natürlich.

• 1 month later...

Ok, while I'll never buy any of these, let me make a little counterpoint. I used to help run a Kickstarter competitor called Enjyn. We looked at a lot of data from successful online fundraisers, especially in the music world. And what we found was that simply having a high-end option generally increased your take on a fundraiser. It makes sense - if someone does buy it, woohoo, but if they don't, the next tier down looks more affordable and attainable.

So this isn't as linear, but I think it does serve to increase the perceived value of the artist. You're maybe more likely to buy the next reasonably-priced release.

And maybe if I were quite wealthy I'd see this as a way to give back to the music world.

Also, I think it's possible that these releases acknowledge and even encourage piracy. "Let the wealthy pay for this release, everyone else will download it if they want to, we'll still get paid, everyone wins."

And as this thread proves, they do generate publicity (=

Archived