IGNORED

Beats Unraveled #9 by BINKBEATS: Windowlicker by Aphex Twin

Guest Little Lord Faulteroy

Guest Little Lord Faulteroy

I'm usually not a big fan of covers, but this time it has caught my attention.

The things he does with only a few loop-pedals, vocoders and stuff is a fun thing to watch. :smile:

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

when does he record the bassline? i hear it but never see him playing it and looping it. is it a pitched down glockenspiel?

Other than the weirdness of watching a man imitate the brief moaning part without a hint of humor, I really enjoyed this video

I like that he he didn't just do an approximation of the song, & really went all out.

Oh, & this Closer cover is pretty neato.

He did really well on the breakdown @ 2:50 - one of my favourite parts of Windowlicker (and Windowlicker happens to be one of my most favourite Aphex Twin songs).

This is excellent, for me it's the fact that he pinpoints so many of the timbres. Getting the notes and structure down is impressive enough, but he also highlights the specific little oddities and nuances. Damn.

I'm usually not a big fan of covers, but this time it has caught my attention.

The things he does with only a few loop-pedals, vocoders and stuff is a fun thing to watch. :smile:

Cool, but I am a little annoyed by the end, the notes for the big distorted guitar sound are wrong and it killed one of my favorite old aphex moments

The nuances of the little spectral bursts and rushes are done really really well, good for this chap.

Archived