IGNORED

Expensive flat-faced cats

Guest Enter a new display name

jWgdmQ3.jpg

TeLRxQl.jpg

inPb4sY.jpg

Why are these cats so revered if they are objectively ugly? Is it because they're so ugly that it makes them cute? I understand that they have the same appeal as pugs (which is still a mystery to me), but browsing photos of exotic shorthair, foldex and persian cats only makes me lol.

It turns out I own an exotic longhair cat myself, and I'm still wondering why this thing is worth $500. It tears a shitload of brown glue around its eyes and it can't even reach food on the bottom of the dish. Damnit.

o4ulGSo.jpg

idk but you can make your own if you just hit a regular cat in the face with a shovel.

HwXhWXC.jpg

Jocelyn+Wildenstein+WzRAuMvqSIum.jpg

Is it trying to smile? I think it's trying to smile. Yep, smiling for sure. That right eye though, I don't think that's smiling. It looks unhappy. Cold. Dead.

Cold dead eye. Unable to join the rest of the face, as if it was banished to the Gulags by Stalin. That eye is in Siberia.

These a lot of human's in the world with faces like that. Little flat faced puggy looking creatures. But there's only two I can think of who have received any kind of international exposure

147683756.jpg42680-25531.jpg

The rest of these little flat faced, snub nose human teddy bears don't get the same kind of adulation as their cat equivalent but they still get people wanting to pick them up and pet them.

theres that french actor that people like tho'

i might be mixing his face up a bit tho. cant remember due to hungover-ness. the ale thread is dangerous.

this one helped the hangover

Still better than hairless cats.

(there was this commercial on dutch tv for some anti virus parental control thing, and this little girl types "bald pussy" in google images lol)

I have a pure bred Ragdoll (she was a rescue that simply happened to be pure bred). I think she is adorable both aesthetically and in personality. The eye gunk I have to clean but I do not mind because she is wails. She has a stupid name so I just call her The Fluffy One. So in short I find the idea of animals as accessories or some kind of possesion fairly abhorent. People who get on any kind of trend train and adopt (or purchase, fuck those people) an animal because of it are cunts and fuck them. Rescue an animal. Do so only if you understand the commitment you are making. Don't be a cunt.

I imagine they're like the square melons, easier to pack into boxes.

best answer.

Also, i too revile the idea of keeping these breeds going in both the cat and dog varieties of flat faced breeds, given the terrible indignities the animal has to suffer through breathing and other health and physical issues.

As to why some people find this adorable, i'd say that it goes into two camps, those that veer towards the kitsch and those that see that flat face as more human so are draw to it. When i see a pug or something, i just think "remove this abomination from the world."

That said, the pallas cat has a pretty flat face and isn't that indecent looking (still a tad weird), kind of like the persian is more acceptable maybe cause of the fur too.

0d1beee41162cd0e9c9c56222dfc625a.jpg

I have a pure bred Ragdoll (she was a rescue that simply happened to be pure bred). I think she is adorable both aesthetically and in personality. The eye gunk I have to clean but I do not mind because she is wails. She has a stupid name so I just call her The Fluffy One. So in short I find the idea of animals as accessories or some kind of possesion fairly abhorent. People who get on any kind of trend train and adopt (or purchase, fuck those people) an animal because of it are cunts and fuck them. Rescue an animal. Do so only if you understand the commitment you are making. Don't be a cunt.

word.

although I don't have a problem with people buying animals per se, doing it just to complement your lifestyle is shitty. I've been in a fair few houses where there were some miserable animals that weren't being taken care of and were just expected to look good all the time, like decorations.

I do wish pet 'shops' would be outlawed.

Best cat I ever knew of (and had) was a Maine Coon. And despite the long hair, never had problems with excessive shedding. Friendly and laid back personality (which, according to the wiki article, is common among the breed). Also, it wasn't pure bred or anything, just a neighbor who was giving away kittens. Def fit the profile visual wise, though.

Growing up, I had a persian cat that looked something like this:

hd-wallpapers-persian-cat-cool-desktop-p

ie, not fucking retarded.

That is a beautiful kitty!

She sure was. Her name was Fortune, because my dad said he spent "a fucking fortune on that goddamn cat."

My mom wanted to call her China.

Archived